Notifications
Clear all

bugs on djuced

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello friends, ive been noticing some problems when using djuced together with my djcontrol inpulse 300 controller. the following happens, when using it with 2 decks running, when loading the next song on one of the decks, the software stops receiving commands from that deck, forcing me to restart the software. another problem is the shift key that occasionally becomes unresponsive after a few hours of software usage. are problems that occur occasionally, but that hinder the use. because i spend several hours using the software.

my notebook has recently installed clean windows 10, and updated the drivers. to rule out any problem related to this, it was also tested on other usb ports on the notebook. another detail that i almost missed was the waveform rolling slowly, even though it was indicated to be used on the equipments dedicated video card and connected to the charger.

obs: the same errors occurred in djay pro and mixxx, but only once. i suspect driver hercules...

Topic starter
Could someone help me with this problem?

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
It looks like a lack of computer ressource. 

Are you sure you have
- no USB key connected to the PC,
- the hard disk C: has enough empty space (if C: hard disk free space is limited, Windows virtual memory becomes a disaster)
- no defective USB device connected (to test it, disconnect all other USB devices: I have seen once a defective USB trackpad (apparently working, but sending constantly clicks in the task bar) and all USB devices were severely disturbed.

A guideline to optimize the settings is on
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/blog/tech-tips/optimize-your-windows-computer-for-djing/

I do not suspect Hercules drivers (except if you set a low ASIO buffer, but it would be a non sense as the default settings are OK), but you can uninstall the drivers to test if you want, since DJControl Inpulse 300 can work without drivers (then the DJ software must use the WASAPI audio device instead of the ASIO).

Topic starter

I optimized the windows following all the steps of the informed link, there was a big improvement. But I solved the problem in another way, I switched the sound system connected to the controller master, and installed Asio4all for the audio interface.

Even using the laptop's external graphics card, I see slight truncations in the audio waves. Testing on a desktop computer with a superior video card, the problem does not occur. But I can use it anyway. thank you for the tips.

Hello,

If you see slight trucations in the waveform display, can you make sure the graphic acceleration is activated on your PC?
The process is described on
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/150440-turn-off-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-windows-10-a.html

Topic starter

Very good, I solved the problem. but without wanting to be annoying I encountered another problem. when testing the speakers in Djuced itself during the initial configuration of the program, I noticed that the L and R channels of the master output are inverted...

I tested with my old controller the Instinct S Series, and the same problem occurs. I find it difficult to be a defect in both, because both work perfectly. It's something that went unnoticed, because I never paid attention to the tests. Just today when I went to check everything for errors.

To rule out errors, I connected the Impulse 300's master output, and instinct S Series directly to the speakers, and used test tracks. I even replaced the RCA cable with other brands. But the problem persists. I noticed that there were driver updates, but no fixes at this point.

Hello Biigodes, 

Thanks for your feedback.
Please explain your testing process letting you believe Djuced master output channels are inverted.
On my side, my process is to take a stereo track, edit it in an audio edition software to minimize one channel (right channel in my test), and listen to it in Djuced, and the low level channel is still on the right side in both the master and the preview. 

Topic starter
ok, i did it like this:
1 - I loaded an edited test track from the left (L) channel only. when playing, with the volume high, the same audio comes out in the right channel (R) of the speaker.
2 - Repeating the previous test so that for the right channel (R), the track appears on the left channel (L) of the speaker.
3 - When changing the sides of the cable in the Master output of the controller, the problem disappears. But it is visible the cables connected incorrectly at the output of the controller.
4 - Using the sound test in the sound panel of windows 10 (Configure option), the error is explicit, showing the problem of inversion in the audio, only being correct in the output for the headphones.
5 - All tests were repeated on another controller, the DJControl Instinct S Series. including changing the sides of the cable. But the same thing happens.
I ruled out hardware failure in the controllers. The error appears in both. the DjControl Impulse 300 was replaced by the store, but the error persists.
Topic starter
I used this image as an example, but on this screen the error becomes visible.

I used this image as an example, but on this screen the error becomes visible.
Topic starter
I opened a ticket at Hercules tech support. Because I believe it's a bug in the driver, since Djuced doesn't have the resources to do this inversion. I just want to know if I'm the only one with this "problem". Because I've tried all possibilities, including testing on another computer.

Hi,

What you describe is a surround sound setting (probably installed by a game or a utility): channels are not inverted since you still hear the music from the channel where it is expected, but you hear a reverb on the other channel, it is the way 3D sound is processed.

To avoid surround plugin, it is recommanded to select the ASIO device instead of the WASAPI device as such plugins do not polluet ASIO. 
To clean your PC from this setting, you must find the plugin causing this surround (whatever its name: Dolby, Atmos, 3D sound, Spatial sound...) and either disable the surround setting or uninstall the plugin. 

I am shocked you had a DJ controller replaced for this common issue: did the store do any test on a clean computer? 

Topic starter
I had recorded a video showing the problem at the store, I showed the windows test and the track in the dj software. I don't have 3D plugins, let alone Dolby installed. And I always use Hercules ASIO, but when testing on a set of monitors and other sound systems, I see this inversion happening. It doesn't stop me from using the equipment, but if the track has effects between L and R they get messy when listening.

If only I'm having problems, and everyone sees it as normal, maybe it's my mistake. Anyway, thanks for helping me with this.

Hello,

I have no idea how any video may show any audio crossover problem, as it would require hearing the sound separated from both speakers, which is an easy in real life, but I do not know how a video may show what is heard on separate speakers, so in my opinion the store should have tested the DJ controller, that is the only way to know the check if there is a problem on the hardware of the DJ controller.

To try to analyze a problem, the best is to split the test process in simple actions:

1) Please describe (with words, not in a video) your audio equipement & connection:
- Speakers brand & model
- Headphones brand & model
- Audio input (for example 1/8" jack, dual RCA, dual 1/4" jack, dual XLR)
- cable used (for example a simple dual RCA to dual RCA cable, or a dual RCA to 1/8" cable)

Process the following test

1) play a track recorded on left channel only on your DJC I 300 master output
- listen to it in your speakers: the dual RCA output cable is connected to your speakers
- listen to it in the headphones in Master position

Do you also hear the sound played in the right channel:
- in the right speaker (you should hear it because it is the reason of your message)
- in the right side of the headphones?

2) if you hear nothing on the right side of the hearphone but hear the sound on the right speaker, please
- mute the speaker amplifier,
- unplug the right (red) connector on the RCA cable on DJControl Inpulse 300 side,
- restore the speaker amplifier at its normal level
- and play again the track recorded in the left channel on your DJControl Inpulse 300.

Do you hear something on the right speaker?