Notifications
Clear all

mapping universal dj option in djuced?

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey,
ive just gotten the universal dj controller.
i want to change certain features (like swaping the performanc pad from sample to slicer, swaping the gai knob with filter, etc)
or just to use other software (like serato and rekordbox dj), and get license for them. 

Hello,

Djuced does not include a menu to update the mapping (it only supports a menu to import existing mappings).

If you can detail which features you want on which control, what is your version of Djuced, whether you mix in macOS or Windows, we can check if an existing mapping is close from what you look for.

Topic starter

Okay, Thank you.

1. I want the to have loop roll instead of the sample mode on the performance pads (So when I press the sample mode, and then on the performance pad it loop rolls to 1/2, 1/,4 1/8 etc depends on the pad)

2. Have the gain knob be Filter knob, and when I press shift + knob itll be gain

3. I want the tempo adjutments faders be like in vinyl, so when you speed up the track the music sounds in a higehr pitch, and when you slow it down itll be a lower pitch

I use Windows

Topic starter

hello???
you guys havent replied in a long while and i was wondering whats going on with it

Hello, 
I am sorry but I cannot answer today, or this week.
The forum is a community area, a user area. If you expect a mapping update in 6 days, sorry, I cannot do it, it is longer that answering to Facebook posts with thumb up or down, and the forum is not my job. My work is not forum related, so I will look at the mapping when I have more time for it, and I must answer to Yucell request before yours.
Just 3 points:
1)  The rotary encoder located over the tempo fader depends on the pads modes: in Cue mode, the rotary encoder controls the gain, and Shift+rotary encoder controls the Filter. For which use would the opposite (Filter on encoder / Gain on Shift+encoder) be better?
2) To change the track tone when changing the tempo, you should disable the keylock mode (the blue small blue key on Djuced screen close to Slip key and to the tempo range figure
3) For any technical request, you should complete your technical profile on 
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select Universal DJ
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, probably Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
brand and model
CPU
RAM
Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.3.1)
version of DJ driver (Eg. 2021_HDJS_1)
Topic starter

Okay.
Thanks anyway 🙂

Topic starter

Hi Team,

I could not test the mapping as I have no UniversalDJ either, it is old.
I looked at the code and if I may put my 2 cents in, you may  
- set djuced display on roll view when pressing on sample mode key
- assign gain/filter on the rotary button in roll mode.
Merry christmas. 

Hello roeegg2,

You can download here a first mapping for Universal DJ with the Roll mode replacing the sample mode in Djuced 5 (this file will remain online for 7 days).
We could not test it as no member of the team has Universal DJ unit at home (Universal DJ is an old controller) so this mapping was not tested, and I would not be suprised if it does not work at all.
The way it is supposed to operate:
- Sample mode becomes loop roll mode
- in Sample Mode, the rotary encoder controls the gain, and Shift+encoder controls the filter

To import this mapping in Djuced,

1) download it on the computer
2) connect your Universal DJ to the computer
3) run DJUCED 5
4) in DJUCED 5,  go in Settings > Mapping, and click on Import,
4) Select the xml file 
and test it.
Merry Christmas,
Topic starter

Hey,
Ive tried it and it does not work 🙁
Everything works like before, execpt the sample mode does nothing...
I even tried to delete the old xml files for the universal dj and no change at all...

Hello,

Maybe I have found the issue.
Can you test with this mapping
https://we.tl/t-O1XMkvkdGK  

Topic starter

works perfectly!!!! thank you so much!!

You are welcome