Notifications
Clear all

4 deck control for inpulse 300/500?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello ux team,

since djuced can handle 4 decks, i was wondering if a midi map could be created to utilise this feature? i think where it would make sense is the inpulse 300 and 500, and kind of like how its done on the numark mixtrack platinum fx: a deck switch button. i mean, a button combo since theres no dedicated button for this. i wonder if lets say shift+slip or shift+quantize is available for this purpose (or any other) - and if there are any other challanges needed to be taken care of (like how the crossfader is treated and how the volume faders, eq and knobs are treated)?

Hello Sityi,

We look in another direction in 4-deck DJing: combine 2 different controllers, among the last controllers released.
On Hercules support website, https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djcontrolstarlight-en/ , in the mapping section of:
- DJControl Starlight
- DJControl Inpulse 200
- DJControl Inpulse 300
- DJControl Inpulse 500
one can download a mapping enabling the controller to control decks 3 & 4, and associate it with another DJ controller controlling decks 1 & 2.

Topic starter

Hello,

I know that method and use it occasionally, but my desk space is limited. Just thought if it could be achieved with one controller only.

Hi Sityi,

I understand but I am not sure we can use a key (as Shift+ Quant or Shift + Slip) as a global condition.
Shift is different as it changes the hardware commands, so it is a hardware condition changer in mapping, but other commands are only a software condition changer, and I do not know if all Djuced commands can support a software condition changer, plus a software takeover for the gradual commands when using a software condition changer. 

Anyway, I will look at it, but not within the coming week (I must try to find how to meet Yucell request, make0 a continuous Vegas Mode on DJConsole Rmx2). 

Topic starter

No rush - if it's that complicated, probably doesn't worth it. Thanks for thinking about it.