audio delay on head...

Notifications
Clear all

audio delay on headphones - inpulse 500

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey! good afternoon. i have this issue, i recently got my inpulse 500 and have been strugling with audio, im using serato 3.0.6, master im using through not balanced inputs, however i noticed there is a 1-2 seconds delay between the master and the headphone jack.

i tried using different configurations on the djherculesmix series tryagent  
but nothing worked and i keep having this little delay on the jackphone port.

im using windows 10, my pc have a ryzen 5 5500, 32gb ram, rtx 3050 

edit: i already tried with serato and djuced and both gave the same problem, i also uninstalled drivers (2023 version) and tried to re-install but did not worked.

edit: tried using the rca signal of my speakers wich need power to work and confirmed it was due delay on the speakers

but now i have a really important question, can i use a rca stereo to 3.5mm plug to send the audio to the master? or it will create delay as well

Hello Eva1g,

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a latency issue between the master and the headphones output, please describe:
1) the speaker model and speaker amplifier model,
2) on which input of this amplifier you have connected the master output.

In case you use an amplifier with a digital processing system, check if there is a direct/game mode, as DSP add latency. 

Topic starter

Hey! thank you for your reply.

As speakers I'm using my Logitech Z407 Speakers connected through an adapter to the non-balanced input.

(reference image)

all through the 3.5mm my speakers come with, but my question is if I use those speakers but using a RCA stereo to 3.5mm it will have delay as well? such as this one:

Hello,

Yes, the dual RCA to 1/8" (3.5mm) cable adapter is probably what you need to connect your Z407 speakers aux input.

The 1/4" (6.35mm) jack outputs of Inpulse 500 are mono, so connecting stereo speakers on a mono output is not great.

For what I have read, Z407 speakers have a latency in USB, but they are not supposed to have latency in jack connector.
Of course, as they are bluetooth, they may have latency (bluetooth speakers generally include a DSP (digital signal processor) causing latency, and connecting an analog audio input to a DSP adds latency), but it should not be 1 or 2 seconds which is enormous, but rather 0.2 to 0.4 seconds.