problem installing ...

Notifications
Clear all

problem installing drivers/control panel for inpulse 500

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have recently purchased the inpulse 500 which i am trying to use with virtual dj 8.5. 

i have downloaded the driver from the hercules support website, i run it and connect the controller when prompted to. afterwards i get error messages saying files in c drive have not been found and i am unable to access the control panel.

my computer is recognising the controller as i have already used it with djuced. i cannot figure out why the drivers are not installing correctly on windows 10. i have uninstalled and re installed multiply times to no success, can anyone please help? thank you.

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.

1) As you meet a technical issue, a useful habit to get into would be to:

a) Complete your technical profile

- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Inpulse 500,
  - In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Djuced and VirtualDJ

- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (for example Windows 10 64-bit built 1909), type of USB (USB2, USB 3), USB connection (direct or through a USB hub or through a USB-C adapter - brand and model of the USB hub and the USB-C adapter), version of DJConsole Series driver package for example 2020_HDJS_1, version number of Djuced, for example Djuced 5.0.9.

b) Write the complete error message (or post a screenshot of this error), never summarize an error message as this message is technical information your system has reported.

2) Please confirm:
a) the driver you try to install is 2020_HDJS_1, downloaded from Hercules support here,
b) you copied the driver package installer, 2020_HDJS_1.exe, on the drive C:, before running it,
c) after getting an error, please confirm you took the following measures:
- make sure your Windows account is administrator of your computer,
- re-download the installer, since if your system error is due to a corrupted download of the installer package, this error will be repeated as long as you do not change the installer package,
- check your antivirus report and if it blocks any step of the drivers installer, disable it during the time you install the driver.    

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply, I will make sure to fill in on profile.

Could you please explain what you mean by copied the driver package installer on C drive ? Thanks.

Hello,

Could you please explain what you mean by copied the driver package installer on C drive ? Thanks.
I mean, as you have downloaded the driver package 2020_HDJS_1.exe, was the file stored on the main hard disk C: ?
If you installed it from a network, the installer works if the network driver has a letter (as Z:, X:...), but not so well from a remote network which is not enumerated as a driver letter.