Notifications
Clear all

hercules mk4 not detected

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good afternoon all,

i have an issue conecting the hercules mk4 device. i try doing all that you say but have no good results "device not detected" i am trying to conect with windows 7 and usb hub with power but i can not detect the mixer i dont know why. i am trying with the new 2019 drivers but not detect the device. no lights no nothing on. i try doing everything but not results.

i hope u can help me. thanks

Hello,

1) Please check if you use the original USB cable. If it is not the original USB cable, make sure it is a USB 2.0 cable, with a thick cable (avoid thin USB cables) and no longer than 1.5m (preferably 1 to 1.2m)

2) In Mi Espacio > Perfil, please complete
Equipo de Hercules utilizado with the name DJ Console Mk4 
Software utilizado with the name of your DJ software
Describe tu equipo with 

• your computer brand & model,
  • the type of USB connector on the PC (USB 2 or USB 3)
  • your Windows 7 version (Service Pack 1 or not / 32-bit or 64-bit)
3) Do you remember if the previous time when you used it you had a firmware update problem?
If you had a crash during a firmware update, then the Mk4 cannot be restored via the USB and the solution consists in

• removing the DJ Console Mk4 ground panel,
  • removing the eeprom from the printed circuit board which has the USB connector,
  • reprogramming the eeprom on an external eeprom programmer
  • reassembling the eeprom on its socket on the printed circuit board
  • retesting the Mk4
  • If the Mk4 is detected, fixing the Mk4 ground.

If you are used to eeprom programming, I can send you the firmware in .bin format. If you do no know what I talk about, it is probably better you ask to an electronic repair store to program the eeprom for you.

Topic starter

Thanks for your answering.

i will try with an other one.

The computer is an Toshiba tecra M10 windows 7 service pack 1 32bits

i think that i dont have any problem during the update, i think that i have never update the device because i dont use it.

Is posible to send somebody to try to check the issue? how much it is more less? the deliver i can pay it but how much it is more less to correct this problem.

Really thank you i will try with another cable.

best regards.

OK,
Good you had no firmware problem, updating the eeprom on an eeprom burner is complicated.

Topic starter

it is posible to do just with a laptop?

1) To do what?
If you mean updating the eeprom on an eeprom burner, it can be done on any PC but not via the USB bus, it requires an eeprom burner like that
https://www.amazon.es/ARCELI-EEPROM-Routing-Programmer-CH341A/dp/B077ZBBMHN/
so it is not costly but it is really complicated, it is a programmer tool with a programmer software.

If last time you used your DJConsole Mk4, it worked and you did not run a firmware update which crashed, the eeprom is not the issue.

2) Please go in Windows 7 device manager (Windows Start > Run> type devmgmt.msc and press Enter)
and check if you see a DJHerculesMix Device containing 
Hercules DJ Console Mk4 ASIO
Hercules DJ Console Mk4 Bulk
Hercules DJ Console Mk4 MIDI

Topic starter

nope i dont see any device i just see, unknow device. i open the mk4 and i think that i see the eeprom is a little chip that is posible to remove? Do you have whats app? i can buy the device to burn and i can try to do if u can help me the device would be at home on friday if i buy now, u know that i can do it? text me a PM and i can give u my phone number to send u pics of the chip. really thnks to you bro.

Hello,

I have sent you a PM with the photo of the eeprom on Mk4 printed Circuit Board and the eeprom firmware file.