rmx2 randomly disco...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 randomly disconnecting and whats code 303c (hex) mean?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my rmx 2 keeps cutting out randomly.  when playing, (either deck a or b) the rmx 2 disconnects, then randomly reconnects seconds later causing the music to pause.

ive replaced the usb cable and done a smc reset on my mac still the problem persists.  today the firmware updater window popped up and said my firmware needs updating, i proceeded and it failed with the following message:

"a failure occured during the update process code 303c (hex)"

can ayone please explain what the problem is? 

Hello Doggy J,

1) Please precise your computer configuration:
- computer brand & model (for example Apple macBook Air 11" early 2015)
- operating system (for example Mac OS 10.13.4, Windows 10 Home 1709 64-bit)
- USB type (USB 3 or USB 2) and connection (direct or via a USB hub)
- DJConsole Rmx2 driver package
- DJ software version (for example Traktor Pro 2.11.2)
In the User profile (here), the field "DESCRIBE YOUR EQUIPMENT" is made for it: please fill it with this type of information.
Forum users cannot see your computer, we cannot guess what you see but do not write, and as most solutions require test processed on the computer, we cannot propose a solution if we cannot know your computer.

2) Regarding the disconnections,
a) How often do these random cut out occur? 
b) Are you sure they are disconnections: do you hear the system play a connection sound when it reconnects?
c) Did you try the following tests
- Using another DJ software
- Using another computer
- Changing the USB port
- Using another USB cable
- Going through a USB hub
- Using another stabilized power adapter.

3) Regarding the firmware updater
Do you remember if the pop up message saying the firmware needed updating was a message from a Hercules panel, or from the  system (macOS or Windows)?
Have you another computer (Windows or Mac) to try running another firmware update?