3 Messaggi
Inserito il 03/29/18 a 18:41:12
FONTE
UK
  • djay
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Hi there,
I've been cleaning up my stuff and I found my old DJ Console MK1 for PC controller. I only really have mac controllers and I would really love to try and convert it to Mac so that I can use it for messing about and showing off retro tech when I'm out and about. ( I do remember there being quite a latency issue with the PC version back in the day.)
Anyway I have removed and socketed the eeprom and was wondering if anyone had the MAC version .bin file for the eeprom. I want to install a second chip and a switch to make it fully compatible with Mac and PC.
Any help would be appreciated.
Matt 

User Experience Team

1919 Messaggi
Inserito il 03/30/18 a 09:43:23
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Matt,

I have posted to your attention a message on the private messaging area with the link (lasting 1 week)  to the bin file to burn in the eeprom of a DJ Console PC to convert it into a DJ Console Mac.

Good luck,

Maxdjack, from the UX Team

wellhiddenmatt

3 Messaggi
Inserito il 03/30/18 a 11:55:38
FONTE
UK
  • djay
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Thank you so much,
I'll burn it next week and maybe I'll mod my DJ Console so thatI can switch between the 2 types.
I'll let you know soon.
Matt 

wellhiddenmatt

3 Messaggi
Inserito il 04/14/18 a 12:24:03
FONTE
UK
  • djay
  • Traktor
  • Ableton Live
Hey there, 
Just to let you know the bin file was a success. I added a second eeprom and a switch so that I can change between Mac and PC. Finally my retro DJ Console is usable, nearly 15 years later.

Thank you so much for the file.

Back with switchBoard with Wiring

dj.brudo

2 Messaggi
Inserito il 05/11/18 a 09:48:38
FONTE
Israel
Hi there,

I'd appreciate receveing also this Mac BIN and simple guide on how flashing it on the Hercules DJ Console MK1.

Regards,
Roi.

User Experience Team

1919 Messaggi
Inserito il 05/11/18 a 10:33:07
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello DJ.Brudo,

You cannot simply flash the eeprom on DJ Console Mk1, it is a more complicated process :
- you need an eeprom burner (in that style or bigger)
https://www.amazon.com/BIOS-EEPROM-FLASH-Programmer-CH341A/dp/B00V6QH3 UW/
- you must disassemble the controller to remove the eeprom
- you must place the eeprom in the eeprom burner and flash it with the bin file I can send.
- then you must place the eeprom in its socket and reassemble the DJ Console Mk1.

So if you want a bin file to use your DJ Console Mk1 on Mac, I can sent it to you, but you should not expect it to be simple, it is complicated.

dj.brudo

2 Messaggi
Inserito il 05/11/18 a 12:16:56
FONTE
Israel
Hey Maxack,

Appreciate your quick answer.
I asked for help from the engineers at my workplace and they would help me.
It's kind of a challenge for them ;-)
Yes, I will be very grateful that Mac BIN is trying to convert the Hercules DJ Console MK1 from Windows to Mac Edition.

Regards,
Roi.

User Experience Team

1919 Messaggi
Inserito il 05/11/18 a 14:27:18
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Roi,

I have posted the path to the eeprom file to your attention on the private message area.
Please go to
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/messages/
and download the file within 1 week (I use WeTransfer which removes the files after 1 week).

Good luck,

Maxdjack from the UX Team

dusanz

2 Messaggi
Inserito il 12/17/21 a 15:28:00
FONTE
Serbia...
Hi there,
After all this years I need to move from Mac to PC and I will be very grateful, if you can help me to convert the Hercules DJ Console MK1 from Mac to Windows Edition. I have Eeprom burner but I need BIN file for Windows. 

Regards,
Dusan

User Experience Team

1919 Messaggi
Inserito il 12/20/21 a 15:27:24
FONTE
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Inpulse 500
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Serato
  • Djuced
  • VirtualDJ
  • Traktor
Hello Duban,

1) I have sent you an invitation to be able to send you a private message with a link to the eeprom bin file
Please accept my invitation on https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/

2) Make sure you really want to convert the controller into a DJ Console Mk1 Windows version as MK1 Windows version no longer works after Windows 7 (the channels 3-4 were declared in a way (Surround speakers) which does not comply with today's Windows standard (expecting a declaration as Center-Subwoofer), so its could not be approved at some stage in Windows 8 and the controller no longer works in Windows 8 and 10 - it worked in early Windows 8 versions, and stopped working after).

2) 2

dusanz

2 Messaggi
Inserito il 12/20/21 a 19:04:12
FONTE
Serbia...
Hello again,

Invitation accepted.

Appreciate your quick answer, your right about moving to win but I have only PC now, so windows 7 is my destiny ;-)

Regards,

Dusan