mk4 not recocnized ...

Notifications
Clear all

mk4 not recocnized by windows 10

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello. i just bought a mk4 console but my asus k550jx-dm228t i7-4750hq/8/1/95 with windows 10 doesnt recocnize the usb device.

ive already tried this instructions i found here on the forum:
1) find a usb hub (usb 2 or usb 3 hub) which has a power adapter, install this hub on your old pc (windows 7 pc), power the usb hub with the power adapter
2) go on ts.hercules.com and download the last windows driver for dj console mk4,2015_hdjs_6
3) install the drivers 2015_hdjs_6 on you old windows 7 pc, instead of your old drivers
4) when the drivers 2015_hdjs_6 installer asks you to connect your dj console, connect the mk4 to the usb hub
5) the drivers will update the firmware in your dj console mk4.
6) install also the driver 2015_hdjs_6 on the windows 10 pc. you can now use your dj console mk4 on both computers, you can also remove the usb hub (it was needed just during the firmware update). instead of installing the 2015_hdjs_6 , ive installed the latest one - 2016.hdjs.3

ive used the powered usb 2 hub on a windows 7 to update the firmware of the console. everything gone right. but when i pluged to my laptop it still dint recognize the usb device in any of its usb ports. then i tried to plug also with the usb hub during the second try of installing the driver, the word hecules turned on, but just because of the hub i think cause it didnt even finish the operation neither the icon of the program apeard visible. i really would like to have this working on my windows 10.
i thought this powered usb hub thing would help. but it didnt. still, i believe it must be some problem with usb compatibility because im pretty sure the console is allready updated. 

what should i do? please help me.
im sorry about my bad english.
best regards,
filipe ramalho 

Hello,

I do not understand what worked and what did not work on your Windows 7 computer: after you have updated the controller on the Windows 7 computer, can you check in DJ Control panel on the Windows 7 computer, in the About tab, whether the firmware version is 1.0.3.22?