4-mx phono input on...

Notifications
Clear all

4-mx phono input on deck d problem

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi - ive posted previously about an issue with noise on inputs 3/4 when using record deck via phono as an input, but now ive got a strange issue...

record deck one - connected to inputs 1/2
record deck two - connected to inputs 3/4

deck a selected - and left side source 1 button selected      = record deck one  (as you would expect)
deck b selected - and right side source 1 button selected   = record deck two  (as you would expect)
deck c selected - and left side source 1 button selected      = record deck one  (as you would expect)
deck d selected - and right side source 1 button selected    = record deck one  <-  this is my issue.

i would expect deck d and right side source to play inputs 3/4 (record deck 2) but it doesnt.

note - for this test - i made sure the source selection was cancelled on deck a before selecting deck c  (and same for b and d).

can anyone else test this to see if this is how the equipment is supposed to function (although i would still sugegst this is not ideal..)

makes me wonder if this is another symptom of the problem with my controller ?

(earlier post  http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-gb/forum/en-hardware/026006/ )

Hello,

1) I suppose what you call:
- LEFT side Source 1 button = Source 1 button
- RIGHT side Source 1 button = Source 2 button
Please confirm if what you meant was precisely
"Deck A Selected - and LEFT side Source 1 button selected      = Record Deck one  (as you would expect)
Deck B Selected - and RIGHT side Source 2 button selected   = Record Deck two  (as you would expect)
Deck C Selected - and LEFT side Source 1 button selected      = Record Deck one  (as you would expect)
Deck D Selected - and RIGHT side Source 2 button selected    = Record Deck one  <-  THIS IS MY ISSUE."

2) The Source 2 button sends the same command whether your deck is B or D (you can check it with a tool as VirtualDJ MIDITrace), so I do not think there is a hardware issue, I rather think either there is a mistake in your description, or your settings is not as expected: please check in VirtualDJ that deck 4  (=deck D on 4-Mx) is assigned to the right of the virtual crossfader (by default, you should have deck 1 & 3 on left, deck 2 & 4 on right, but you may have changed it).

3) It will be easier to analyze your issue if you complete your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software (not only VirtualDJ 7, but the complete 7.XX number).

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

CORRECT - Left Side Source button 1    and I should have said RIGHT side Source button 2.

apart from that - the description is correct.

I've my profile info too (pasted below as well)

Lenovo W530
Intel core i7
32GB RAM
Windows 10
Virtual DJ LE 7.4.7 LE (b508)
Firmware 1.6.13.16
Driver Package 6.8.9.0 DJ API 2.0.28.7  

Fair point about the crossfader - but that is set 1&3 on left and 2&4 on right.  It is the fact that when I select Deck D on the 4MX and then press SOURCE 2  - I hear nothing from the record deck connected to inputs 3/4 - ONLY from the deck connected to inputs 1/2

I am going to look at the MIDI mapping now - see if that throws anything up.  

Hello,

I have checked and indeed with VirtualDJ 7 DJC for 4-Mx, the line in 1 is activated on Deck D Source 2 button with VirtualDJ 7 DJC for 4-Mx, but there is no bug in it: it is just the way VirtualDJ 7 DJC is developped, and you can see it because the name of the track on VirtualDJ 7 DJC skin is "LineIn 1".
So I understand you do no like it, neither do I, but it i not a bug, it is just the way VirtualDJ 7 LE 4-Mx is developped, and as VirtualDJ LE has no mapping function, it is not possible to load the mapping of VDJ 7 Pro, for which Deck D Source 2 button activates the LineIn 2 instead of the LineIn 1.

Topic starter

Boo - so it is just configured that way... 

But VDJ 7 PRO is different... hmm maybe they want me to pay the additional money... 🙂

thanks.

Hello,

I do not think VDJ did it to force you to pay additional money, I suppose they had a reason  to do it, at least at the time 4-Mx was released.

Topic starter

Hmm - Maybe. thanks for the support by the way.