no stable connectio...

Notifications
Clear all

no stable connection with dj console rmx (mac)

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,

i have the dj console rmx (earlier used on win7) and switched to apple (os x 10.11.6). with drivers (hdjcseries mac® [djseriesinstall 5.89s]) and the newest version of traktor (2.10) i have some problems, that makes djaying a mess. the mixer seems to be installed fine and the rmxcontrolpanel detects it. in the about section, i get the following informations:

• driver package: v5.89
  • firmware: v1.1.4.31
  • server: v12.57
  • dj api: v9.8

when trying to use traktor, buttons dont work with every push. sometimes i have to push play/pause 3 or 4 times to start a deck. and when im trying to seek forward, sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it jumps forward 1 beat (as expected) or it keeps seeking forward till i push the button again.

i checked out the  manual_update (firmware updater), which tells me the following:

• firmware controller: current:4 available: 4(ver1) file: rmx_psoc1.djc
  • firmware audio: current:31 available: 31 file: rmx_tusb.dja
i did not tryed to update, since i was not sure if i have to switch in boot mode or not. and do i have to use an usb hub or not? when i tried the mixer on a win10 pc, it seemed to work fine a few days ago with the latest drivers.

thanks in advance for your help!
best regards

ps: i found the settings in the rmxcontrolpanel to change the midi channel for controls. its set to 1, is it necessary to change it, or only, when i have more hardware connected?

Hello,

1) Which Traktor mapping file do you use?
Is it the file requiring Traktor Pro 2.6.8 or higher or is it another file, than you can download here in the MIDI Mapping area?

2) When you press on the Play/Pause button on Rmx while Traktor does not take the action into account, do you see in Traktor the logo CTRL on the top bar (on left of mixer and speaker logo) change to blue colour while you press on Play/Pause button or not?

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack,

1) I'm using the DJ_Rmx_TP2_v268_MAC.tsi from the support site. I even tried reloading it, but this does not help.

2) Traktor detects the action with the blue CTRL sign. Everytime!

But I'm not sure, if this problem is due to TRAKTOR, since I checked out VirtualDJ8 (installed from a friend), and had the same problem not every action is detected. The regulators for high/mid/low etc are jumping several steps. Seems like a lag in my opinion..

I also checked the Apple System Report, which tells me, that the mixer is using 450mA (from 1000mA available). 

Topic starter

Update:

I left the connection to the mixer and put my MBP to sleep, while the USB keeps its voltage over night.
This morning I tried it again and everything seems to work. Even restarting seems to work. But keep trying makes it worse later. First starting with the seeking buttons and later again with start/stop.

Does the mixer have an internal battery or something? I will wait again for a while and try again.

Hello CrystalFreak,

DJ Console Rmx has no internal battery, and I do not think your problem comes from the USB bus power supply as if DJ Console Rmx lacked USB bus power, it would disconnect.
DJ Console Rmx met compatibility issues on Mac with USB 3.0 ports when Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) was released.
95% of these issues were fixed by Mac OS 10.11.4 update, but I wonder if what you describe is another symptom of the 5% issues still there.

Can you change the USB cable between the DJ Console Rmx and the MacBook with a shorter USB cable (1m long) but still well shielded (USB 2.0= well shielded), type A to type B connector?
Example of cables which should be adequate:
Lindy 1m (31844 & 41742= black, 31644 = white, 31694 & 41752 = transparent)
Lindy 0,5m (31443 = black, 31693 = transparent)
https://www.amazon.de/Lindy-31844--Stecker-B-Stecker-schwarz/dp/B001G5SDY8/ref=sr_1_7
https://www.amazon.de/Lindy-31644-Professionelle-Stecker-hellgrau/dp/B00008A925/ref=sr_1_6
https://www.amazon.de/Lindy-31694-Professionelle-Stecker-transparent/dp/B00008A92D/ref=sr_1_20
https://www.amazon.de/Lindy-31843--Stecker-B-Stecker-schwarz/dp/B001G5SAB4/ref=sr_1_10
https://www.amazon.de/Lindy-31693-Professionelle-Stecker-transparent/dp/B00008A92C/ref=sr_1_18

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack,

I took another cable from work, which is also shielded and has paired data lines, but only 1m instead of 1.5m. Now everything seems to work perfectly. Thank you so much.
I didn't expect the impedance to make such difference.

Best regards
CrystalFreak 

Hello CrystalFreak,

Good to know the shorter USB cable solves your problem, and thanks for posting it.
If you could update, in your User Profile (My Space > My Profile), complete the section "Describe your equipment) with the Mac model number and EMC number (there are written on the bottom side of your Mac computer), it would help as, for what I have seen up to now, all Mac computer with the same EMC number have the same USB behaviour, so I suppose the same EMC number means same mainboard.

Topic starter

I know, it's been a while. But I tried to use the output of the DJ Console RMX, but I can only select Left and Right for back and front, but how do I have to select the monitor? Or does this feature not work with Traktor?
Front is connected to output 1-2 and back to output 3-4.

Best regards,
Crystal 

Hello Crystalfreak,

I do not understand your connection:
- Output 3-4 is not made to connect rear speakers, it is a duplicate of the headphones output (you use the output 3-4 only when you export the mix on an external mixer).
- so the Monitor should be Output 3-4, and the master Output 1-2

To connect your second pair of speakers, you should connect them to the second output 1-2 (you have an output 1-2 in 1/4" jack and an output 1-2 in RCA, so you can connect 4 speakers).