Notifications
Clear all

usb 3.0 port issue connection

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi!!!
any news with the issue in connecting at usb 3.0 port?i have a lenovo g510 with 1 usb 2.0 port and 2 usb 3.0 ports(win 7).until now i connect my rmx2 blackgold controller at usb 2.0 port but it;s not very convinient at the right side of the laptop the cable and i wan to try to connect it at the left side of the laptop where there are 2 usb 3.0 ports! 
has  hercules solved the issue with the usb 3.0 ports are not?shall i try???
any ideas???

thank you 

There is no known issues using the Rmx2 on USB 3.0 ports and it should normally work fine. Just be sure to use the latest drivers for the USB controller.

Older devices like the original DJ Console Rmx or the DJ Console MK2 may however have trouble being detected properly on certain USB 3.0 controllers. Using a powered USB 2.0 hub or shorter USB cables have been know to help.   

Topic starter

There is one at least issue (as far as i discovered)with 2 controllers!RMX2 BLACK & GOLD and DJ CONTROL AIR S.Both controllers when they are connected to my laptop and i start the laptop...they are invisible when they are connected at usb 3.0 port!I mean that they don't exist,they are not recognised by the laptop!i have to do one little and easy move....unplug their usb(i try this separate each one controller and have exaclty the same result)adn plug in again!Yeahhhh....they are recognised by the laptop and everything works fine(until know).
i try exactly the same thing but this time i plug them in usb 2.0 port and guess what?they are recognsed from the beginning when i start the laptop!i try third way...connecting a usb hub 2.0 to usb 3.0 port and plug the controller to the hub!It also recognised from the beginning just like the connection directly to usb 2.0 port!
So...isn't this an issue that Hercules have to deal with it?

Thank you

P.s. i have the latest drivers for the usb controller 

Actually, it is unfortunately not uncommun for certain USB controllers to behave this way on boot up, specially for laptops where minimal power is used for keyboard and similar devices, but not more demanding devices like soundcards. So using the powered hub between the computer and your device simply provides the constant power needed for your computer to recognize them.

There may be some configuration related to this in the computer's BIOS, but at least you know the pattern.