Notifications
Clear all

rmx not working in w10 notebook

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

greetings,
i purchased an rmx from a friend and it was a pain to map it as most i found wouldnt work correctly wether i used traktor, seratto or virtual dj. finally i gave up and left the console to gather some dust. i had installed it and worked "fine" in a pc and a notebook, both running on windows 10.

i decided to try using the console again, this time with a newer laptop also running on w10. thing is, when i plug the console to the  laptop, the console starts flashing and wont respond. i tried using every usb port on the laptop, disabled xhci option in the bios (read that it might work if i didn0t have a powered usb), installed drivers (wont let me even open the agent), reinstalled them and my pc still cant detect the console.

tray agent wont let me open it
http://imgur.com/vtvkupc

information gathered from the tray agent

As indicated on the driver download page (and on many forum post you may have seen), a powered USB will most likely be the only solution to have your controller recognized on this computer.

Regarding mappings, it shouldn't be so difficult since:

- The Rmx is natively supported by VDJ Pro since V5;

- maps for Traktor are available from our support web site and many others;

As for Serato, it simply won't let you use any controllers. You need to use one of the officially supported controller.