universal dj usb po...

Notifications
Clear all

universal dj usb power issue.

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey, ive been playing around with the djuced app on a samsung galaxy tab a and its great, but i have encountered a problem.

with the hercules universal dj controller plugged into a wall socket using an adaptor as described in the manual (input: 100/240 vac, 50/60 hz; output: 5 vdc, 1a) there is some lag and a general lack of responsiveness from the jog wheels.  however, if i use a laptop/computer usb port to power the controller while its in tablet mode, it works perfectly.  

it appears that the bluetooth also connects more quickly when launching djuced app when the controller is being powered by a computer usb port.

is the recommended adaptor too weak?  do you have any suggestions for an alternative adaptor i could use so that i can operate the controller without needing my laptop?

cheers. 

Hello DR DBL DNM,

Youir information is very interesting, and after your message, I have asked a friend who had Universal DJ to do a testing and he has found as you did that powering Universal DJ on the USB port of a computer offers a lower latency with Djuced App than powering the USB DJ controller with a power adapter. He tried with 2 USB power adapters (1 delivering 500mA/5v, the other delivering 2000mA/5v) and the result was the same on both power adapters.

1) About the faster response time when Universal DJ is powered by a computer than by a power adapter
So your remark is taken into account, we have transmitted the conditions of our test the Hercules developpers, to analyze why there is this difference of behaviour, so we will be informed of their diagnostic.

2) About the lag when Universal DJ is powered by the power adapter
My friend finds a better response time when the controller is powered by a computer, but the response time with the controller powered by a power adapter is still OK with his setup. Please precise this latency, in your opinion (50% mre, 100%, 200% more latency than with a computer USB bus power ?).

3) Have you tried using Djuced Master on your Samsung Galaxy Tab (instead of Djuced App), when you use Universal DJ + computer with Djuced 40?
Djuced master is a remote control of Djuced 40. Please let me know if you feel a latency issue or not with Djuced Master.

4) It can be useful to to try to reproduce your setup, so please complete your user profile in "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check your Unversal DJ,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check Djuced,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of Djuced 40.

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjack,

Thanks for looking into this issue, I'll be interested to know the result of the analysis.

The responsiveness from all of the controls apart from the jog wheels is pretty good, but I would rate the latency when scratching at around 50%. Also, when rewinding tracks it is really jerky which can be frustrating.

I have played around with Djuced Master on my phone, but not on my tablet yet. My impression of it was that it worked well.

I'm hopeful that there will be a solution that allows me to use Djuced App smoothly on my tablet without needing my laptop.

Cheers. 

Topic starter

Hi,

I was wondering if a solution for this issue had been discovered yet?  If not, would you be able to explain why this happens, and let me know if there is any intention to fix it?

Topic starter

Hi DBL DNM

I just wondered if you ever resolved your issue.  I’ve just acquired a Hercules universal and seem to be having the same issue.  I hope to hear from you as I really want to use it with my Samsung galaxy tab a 10.1.  I wondered if a powered usb hub would work better or if there are any settings on the djuced app to optimise performance.

Regards

Shane

Topic starter

I'm happy about everything you bring it very interesting and helpful, thanks

unfair mario

Hello Shane,

A powered USB hub would probably improve trhe latency only if there is not a computer connected to the USB hub.