4mx virtualdj confi...

Notifications
Clear all

4mx virtualdj configuration

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys i recently got a used hercules 4mx and im having trouble configuring it with virtual dj. i bought the virtual dj pro and im using it on a macbook air. im not sure what im doing wrong or what im not doing but i cant get my  4mx controller and virtual dj to work together. when i press play on the controller the music doesnt play on the laptop and when i move the jog wheels on the controller they dont move on virtual dj. could someone please help me out. thanks

Hello Chree,

Please confirm you have set DJ Console 4-Mx on MIDI channel 1-2,

And precise which version of VirtualDJ Pro you use (VDJ 7 Pro or VDJ 8 Pro),

PS: If you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check your DJ Console 4-Mx,
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check VirtualDJ,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model (for example MacBook Air 11", mid 2013), CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (today's Mac driver package is 5.69), version of VirtualDJ (for example VirtualDJ 8.0.0 buid 2325.995).

First thing to verify is that your controller is correctly installed and recognized by the computer:

Obviously, if this is not the case, it will be impossible for any DJ software to use.

If however it looks to be installed correctly, try is simply as a MIDI controller: