hercules rmx 2 powe...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx 2 power issues

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i would dj about 2-3 times a week everyweek and the controller is a massive use of my djing. recently playing in a club the power cut and the music stopped which was massively embarrasing. i thought the power adaptor was faulty so i bought a new one and same thing happens. 

it is something to do with the back og the controller where i plug the adaptor into that is a little loose i.e not stable, or it could be something to do with inside the controller itself. ive had it brand new now about a year so can someone please help me with this as i depend on it alot.

thanks 

Hello,

Guessing the origin of this issue is complicated as when it happens during a performance, you usually lack the time to analyze all the settings and conditions as you are in hurry to get sound again.

1) Disable Windows preset made to save energy on the USB.
If you are in Windows, this preset is set on by default, and it may disconnect the DJ controller from the computer.

• Right-click on My computer > Properties > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers,
  • Right-click on the first line "USB Root Hub" and click "Properties"
  • Go to the tab "Power Management", and uncheck the box "Allow computer to turn off this device to save energy"

• Click "OK" and close the dialog box
  • Repeat the same operation on each line called USB Root Hub or USB hub.

2) Make sure you have no power discharges

• If you send or receive electrostatic discharges all day (whihc means your shoes are not grounded), change your shoes before mixing, otherwise you may send an electro-static discharge to your controller, and if the computer is not well grounded, you may have a crash.
  • If, in the club, you were touching another device at the same time as the Rmx2 when it happened, it may be an electric shock caused by the difference of potential between the 2 devices: make sure the ower cables are grounded.
  • If the USB connector of your cable is damaged, change the cable, as a damaged connector may cut the ground and cause this type of freezing.

3) Check the audio file you were loading/playing when the system has crashed

• Freezing may also be caused by a software issue, so check if one of your file is not causing this issue.

4) Complete your profile

Please complete your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE"> "MY PROFILE"
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.