recently updated my...

Notifications
Clear all

recently updated my mk2 controller driver now windows 7 will not recognise the device

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i purchased my hercules mk2 controller back 2007-2008? and its been working not prefectly but fine untill recently when tried to the 2015 driver. since then windows 7 will not recognise it on two different machines.  ive been trough all the help files. ive tried the talk over button pressed method lots of times as well as 1-2-3 buttons. what i have noticed is that when described in the pdf to end the hdjseriescpl. task as soon as i do so it returns back within a second. i also seem to have 3 other hercules related task in the task mangaer not mentioned in the pdf? not sure if this is relevent. i think the the issuer is the driver  not installing properly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thansk.

paul.

Topic starter

Really not even an attempt to help?

Hello Paul,

1) It looks like the firmware update has failed on your DJ Console Mk2.
- Have you, as recommended here, used a USB hub with a power adapter during the firmware flashing?
It is necessary you provide a DETAILED technical description of your technical configuration, and your operations and the error messages you meet if you have a technical problem.
- Have you used a powered USB hub when you have tried connecting your DJ Console Mk2 with Talk-over button pressed down?
- Is the driver you call "the 2015 driver" the driver "2015_HDJS_4" or is it an older release?
- What is/are the error messages on the screen, or symptoms when you try to connect the DJ Console Mk2 with the talk-over button pressed down?

To know what happens in your computer, you must provide a detailed description of what you get on screen: as the forum users cannot see your computer, I have no idea of what you get when you connect your DJ Console Mk2, as I don't know the pdf you refer to.
If you find writing a detailed technical description is long, you can also call the technical hot line, it is generally faster than a forum for users who are not used to solving problems on forums.

2) Hercules drivers have changed a lot since the time when DJ Console Mk2 was released, so yes, there are more Hercules tasks than at the time the DJ Console Mk2 was released, and probably at the time a pdf you mention was written for this controller.

3) If the DJ Console Mk2 firmware is not just partly damaged, but completely erased (either because there was not enough power on the USB during the firmware update, or because the USB cable was disconnected during the firmware flashing operation), the controller can no longer be updated by the USB cable.
The remaining solution if the firmware is broken is
- to open the controller,
- remove the eeprom,
- reflash it on an eeprom burner (a device that electronic stores and electronician often have, but that you probably have not),
- reinstall the eeprom in the controller, and put again all screws on the controller.
It is a complicated operation, so if you don't understand what I mean, it may be safer for you to ask to a electronician friend to do it for you.

4) Forums are community area, the compliance with netiquette is the best way to get answers, so please:
- begin your message with "Hello", at least your first message in a discussion: if you do not begin with "Hello", most forum users do not read your message,
- break up the message with lines or paragraph breaks, to makes the text of the message easier to read.

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack

Thanks for your reply. And firstly sorry for my lack of ‘netiqutte’ I did not intend to offend anyone. I'm not the most frequent user of forums so I'm not too familiar with the dos and don’ts of using them. Again I apologise. 

With regards to my problem with the unit.

My PC is Windows 7 64bit dual xeon with 20 gig of ram. Yes I have tried a powered usb but it seemed to  make no difference.

Yes I'm referring to the "2015_HDJS_4" driver but I have also tried all the legacy versions I could get hold of, 3 in total I think. 

The only error message I receive states something along the lines of  ' windows cannot recognise the unknown devise,  please replace the device.' And it will keep repeating the message every 10 seconds or so. Until I unplug it. The devise manager doesn't even show the 'unknown device' icon with the yellow triangle it just remains unchanged 

When I push the talk over button It doesn't do anything, no matter how long I wait, until I release the button and then get the same 'windows can not recognise'  message again. Again nothing shows up in the device manager

So it sounds like firmware being damaged/erased. 

I don't know any sparkles’ and don't see the point in spending money on a 10 year old defunct toy. So I guess its upgrade time. Woop Woop!!

Thanks for your help Maxdjack.

P.S. just out of interest which unit would you recommend?

Many thanks.

Paul.

Hello Paul,

1) You needn't mind, your message did not offend anyone, but not starting with Hi, Hello, Ciao probably explains why your first message got no answer.

2) In the device manager, when the Mk2 is connected, please check if,
a) you see the group DJHERCULESMIX Devices
b) and in this group, if you see any of the 3 devices
Hercules DJ Console Mk2 ASIO
Hercules DJ Console Mk2 Bulk
Hercules DJ Console Mk2 MIDI

=> If the Bulk device is in, it may be possible to reflash the firmware via the USB.
=> If there is no bulk device, I suppose the eeprom is no longer accessible for the USB bus and can it can only be programmed on an eeprom burner. (An eeprom burner is not an expensive device, and it is not very complicated, what is complicated is to open the controller, remove the eeprom, replace it once it is programmed, and reinstall everything properly: if you are not used to electronics, you may have extra screws at the end (which means some parts are not properly attached), and some keys may not operate perfectly).

Topic starter

Hello guys

About this...

After a long time unused...i decide to use again my lovely first classic dj consol MK2!hopefully everything was fine with the connection but i would like to know if i have the latest firmware.These are the specs:
 Package:1.HDJS.2016 (i have already the latest drivers from helcules.com)
 Firmware : 1.3.6.16
 driver : 6.2.3.0
 dj api : 2.0.28.7
 cpl : 2.0.14.4

i don't know if i've the latest firmware for my MK2 and when i try to do the procedure with the firmware update i never manage to do the steps because some boxes never opened(firmware updater).

Thank you

Hello DJNet71,

You have the up to date firmware for your Mk2 (release 16).
To check if you have the last firmware, you can read the drivers Release Notes.
You can there read last firmware update for Mk2 came 2 years ago in 2014_HDJS_1
"- DJ Console MK2: update to Firmware v16"

You should not force the firmware update since Mk2 firmware architecture not as solid as Rmx2.

Topic starter

Ok.now what can i do that i have already installed the very latest driver 1.HDJS.2016  ???
I use the MK2 for a while and seemed to act normally 

Hello,

Your DJ Console Mk2 should run OK as you have an up to date driver.
What does not work and in which software?

Topic starter

Hello Maxdjack

First of all thank you for your assistance
Now as per MK2 indeed run ok.
I had problem when i was doing the procedure to check the firmware pushing the mic button and then connect it.the window with the procedure never manage to open so i couldn't check if i had the last firmware

Thank you 

Hello djnet71,

You are welcome.