samples and mic on ...

Notifications
Clear all

samples and mic on rmx2 too loud. headphone too low.

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

the mic volume on my rmx2 is booming even with the mic volume turned almost all the way down. in addition my samples boom with barely any volume used in the effects section of virtual dj. i scared the crap out out a crowd i djed for lol. is there a way to fix this?

my rmx2 is connected to a power amp and passive speakers. (no external mixer)

ps:headphone volume is inadequate at full volume on rmx2 (the opposite of my mic and samples) can this be fixed as well.

mic is a shure sm-58 wired xlr

thanks for the help. 

Hello,

1) Please fill your profile in clicking on "MY SPACE", "MY PROFILE": you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE", please check DJConsole Rmx2
- In "SOFTWARE IN USE", check the name of your DJ software, VirtualDJ,
- In "HERCULES EQUIPMENT IN USE": please describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (if you are in Windows, is it 2015_HDJS_4), version of VirtualDJ (is it VirtualDJ LE or VirtualDJ Pro, which version, for example VDJ Pro 7.4.6 or VDJ 8.0.0 buit 2378.1050)

2) concerning your issues:
a) Please precise if you connect your Shure SM58 directly from the Shure SM-58 XLR plug to the XLR plug in DJConsole Rmx2. I have used a Shure SM58 and it was far from being too loud on my Rmx2.
b) For your samples and headphones volumes, please precise your version of VirtualDJ, they are software settings so I cannot answer if you don't precise the software release.

Topic starter

Profiled filled in..

My shure sm58 is plugged directly into my RMX2 via xlr cable

I am using VDJ Pro V 7.4.6.        I also have VDJ 8 but I use 7 mostly    (Have more than one license)  put all info on my profile.

Thanks.  

Hello Inxs,

Please open the control panel and check the output channels.
Can you confirm that the output level on channel 1-2 and on channel 3-4 is at least at 75% (or even at 100% as in the enclosed image)?

Topic starter

Hello MaxJack

Ran into a problem. I had a Hercules Steel installed on this PC while back. The only control panel that shows up is the Hercules Control Steel. I searched PC Control Panel and Downloads and the RMX2 Control panel is not there. I deleted everything Hercules on my PC. Reinstalled the RMX2 CD and loaded everything.

The RMX2 works (still with the volume issues) but I still get only the Hercules Steel Control Panel to show up.

tried  it 3x. Thinking of of buying a new Laptop to install the disk in. What do you think is going on?

Thanks 

Hello Inxs,

You should be able to select the control panel you want to display with the following process:
- right click on Hercules icon in Windows notification area
- Click on Select Device
- Choose Hercules DJConsole Rmx2 in your list as you can see in the enclosed video.

If you cannot get the select device menu, then the control panel tray agent has an issue on your computer, so you should try to uninstall your Hercules DJ drivers
- Head to the Control Panel,
- Select Uninstall A Program,
- Pick the program you want to remove, which is either Hercules DJConsole Series drivers (with old drivers) or DJHERCULESMIX Product Series drivers (with newer drivers)
- And click Uninstall.

Then reboot the computer, use a Windows administrator account, and install the last driver package, 2015_HDJS_4.

Topic starter

Was downloading from CD. Downloading from site fixed it.

channel 1-2 and on channel 3-4 is at least at 100.

Topic starter

Headphones acceptable but mic is crazy loud. As soon as I hit mic button the volume is booming with mic volume turned all the way down. Downloading from site instead of cd did give me my RMX control panel

have yet to check effects 

Hello,

Regarding the microphone, can you confirm if your audio setting is like that?
- Inputs: None
- Output: Headphones            Master : Chan 1&2 / Headphones : Chan 3&4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

- Sound Card: ASIO driver      DJConsole Rmx2 ASIO

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

- Or, if you use external audio sources as CD or MP3 players, the same settings with Inputs = Line-Ins?

Topic starter

The Audio settings are as follows

- Output: Headphones            Master : Chan 1&2 / Headphones : Chan 3&4
- Sound Card: ASIO driver      DJConsole Rmx2 ASIO

I have the box titled "Ultra Latency Asio" checked 

No external audio sources at present.  

Hello Inxs,

1) Microphone issue
a) To diagnose whether the issue is unrelated to VDJ, please test without running VirtualDJ if, when you speak in the microphone (with Mic button on), the output level of the microphone on the output 1-2 is also too strong.
b) Also, what is the level of the talkover?
If you don't want the microphone to dominate the music, you can disable the talkover attenuation so that switching on the microphone doesn't attenuate the playback volume.

2) Samples volume in VirtualDJ 7
In VirtualDJ 7 with Rmx2, you can set the volume of each sample on the rotary encoder (press on Sample 1, and turn the encoder to set the playback volume of sample 1 / press on Sample 2, turn the rotary encoder to set playback volume of sample 2....).
Is it too weak when you increase the volume with the rotary encoder?