how do i connect rm...

Notifications
Clear all

how do i connect rmx2 to a passive system?

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

how do i connect my rmx2 to a dj mixer, and power amp, to work with passive speakers? will mic and headphones work connected to rmx?

Hello,

You connect
- DJConsole Rmx2 output 1-2 to a stereo inputs on your DJ mixer,
- your DJ mixer output to a power amp,
- and your power amp amplified output to your passive speakers.

And the Mic and headphones will work connected to the Rmx2.

Topic starter

Thanks. That is what I figured. Someone that owned the RMX2 told me it only works with active speakers. I found that weird.

As DJConsole Rmx2 has no amplifier, you cannot connect passive speakers directly into Rmx2 outputs, but as you have an amp, you connect
- the Rmx2 output to the amplifier input
- and the passive speakers to amplifier output.

Topic starter

I will need an xlr female to RCA male to connect RMX2  output to ch 1 an 2 on my mixer, correct?

Hello,

If your mixer has no balanced inputs (XLR or 1/4" TRS), you can also connect DJConsole Rmx2 booth output, in RCA, to the mixer, and use the Booth output as master out.
To use the booth output as master output, you must just check the Main Volume and the Booth Volume are linked.

Since if the link is open, as hereafter, turning the Main volume knob on Rmx2 will not change the volume on the booth output.

Topic starter

I have never seen xlr inputs on a mixer just xlr outs. Seems to me that the Rmx is really set up to work with a powered system ideallly.

Hello,

Indeed, DJConsole Rmx2 XLR outputs is designed to be connected to a powered system in the first place, but you can connect it to
- a DJ Mixer via its dual RCA outputs 1-2 as previously described, in using the RCA booth outputs,
- or a large mixing console (when performing in a band or recording in a studio for example) via its balanced outputs, with mixing consoles as SoundCraft, Mackie or Peavey.

Topic starter

Just got my RMX2 today and want to clarify connections.

1) run an rca cable from RMX2 Booth Out 1-2 to Line Input 1 on mixer

2) attach mixer out to Amp in

3) power amp out to passive speakers

4)  Link booth and master volume on RMX2.

Don't want to be a pain but I am not a controller DJ. I'm getting up in age and have to lighten my DJ set-up. Wanted to try a controller and eventually get rid of the DJ amp and mixer and go controller and a set of active speakers.          Thanks for the help. 

Your description of the connections is correct. When in doubt, refer to the user manual, which usually include detailled schematic and complete description.