Clear all

mk4 firmware update fails but windows detect

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

windows 8.1
usb 3.0
with the last driver i installed all carry on with the intructions carefully, but i did not understand the part of the hub.
the result is that the update seems successful but now the windows only detect the mk4 as unkown hardware . the mk4 has no light when i connect to the pc. i have tried to do the manual firmware update with powered hube and keeping pushed the mic on/off button before connect the usb but all the buttons remains grey and there is no action that i can make.
i have also tried in windows 7, same result.
could anyone help me?
thanks in advance

Hello,

1) Have you tried the firmware update, as you mentionned it on the forum here?

Run on the Windows 7 computer the command
"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
with the DJConsole Mk4 connected to a USB hub, the USB hub being powered by a power adapter?
Your message on the forum here is not complete as it doesn't precise whether you have ran this updater on the Windows 7 computer.

2) If you did as I mention on the Windows 7 computer, did you get the following software?

3) Regarding your messages contents.
a) If you type messages without inserting line breaks, you can hardly expect answers on a forum: it is difficult to read, so you get no readers.
b) Shouting because someone has told you your controller is no longer under warranty will not help you to solve your problem. What may help is:
- explaining in details the computer configuration,
- explaining in details what you did and what you do.

Topic starter

Dear sir:

1) Yes, I have tried, with a powered hub.

2) I obtain this software but all the squares are in grey, nothing is detected.

3)a) Well noted. I do it, but it reads different

b) I am very dissapointed with the Brand, the controller runs perfectly before and when I switched on to my new Surface Pro 2 with W.8.1, which is a high quality computer and has no problems of power during the installation, the controller results broken, because of the automatic firmware update, moreover it said success in the second step before frezee. I am only want to express my frustation and my opinion.

Hello,

1 & 2) OK, you tried with a powered hub on a Windows 7 PC and the DJ Console Mk4 is not detected.
Can you try on the Windows 7 computer, with a powered USB hub, this slightly changed process:
a) Connect the USB hub to the computer, connect the power adapter to the USB hib, connect the USB cable of the Mk4 to the USB hub ports, but don't connect DJ Console Mk4 to its USB cable
b) Push down the Mic On/Off button on DJ Console Mk4
c) Keep the Mic On/Off button pushed down
d) Reconnect the DJ Console Mk4 to the USB cable while keeping the Mic On/Off button pushed down
e) Wait 30 seconds
f) Then release the Mic On/Off button on DJ Console Mk4
g) Click on Windows button> click on Run.. > Type the command (with the " as mentionned)
"C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual

If this process works, you may get this menu.

If you still don't see DJ Console Mk4 in the info field, then last solution is a separate firmware update.

3) a) Please precise your internet browser, so that if your browser and the message forum script have a compatibility issue causing line breaks to disappears, it may be checked and possibly fixed.

3) b) You can express frustration, but patience is more rewarding than frustration: to solve a problem you need patience to 1) redo operations looking like what you has already tried when asked to /2) give enough technical details / 3) seek a solution.

3) c) Windows 8.1 has not included the same drivers for Intel USB 3.0 port as in Windows 8.0: they were replaced them by USB drivers which prooved incompatible with many USB devices (USB keys, hard drives, webcams....including DJ Console Mk4), which is why Mk4 has needed this firmware update.
If you had updated the Mk4 on your Windows 7 computer with a powered (with a power adapter) USB hub between your computer and your DJConsole Mk4 , it is unlikely the firmware update would have failed as it did on your computer, as the failure of the firmware update is generally caused by a too limited USB bus power.
So you can be frustrated with it, but it doesn't help, and seeking a solution is next step.

4) If you still don't see the DJ Console Mk4 in the firmware updater > Info field, then the issue may be more difficult: you need to update the eeprom manually (with an eeprom programmer) instead of doing it in the software.
It requires opening the casing, to remove the eeprom, and reflashing the eeprom on an eeprom programmer.
Please accept my invitation here so that I send you the firmware file, the process is the same as Axelpose here, or Osmarox here, or Daharis5260 here, or Niku35 here.

Topic starter

First of all, I want to be grateful with you for your patience. Please send me the eeprom file, it is my last step. I have someone who can help me with it.

Topic starter

Hello, thank you for this forum. I have the same issue trying to update the firmware on my MK4 some how it erased the firmware and I have done the steps disscussed here and I can't update the console. No lights at all, it detects as Texas instruments, tried using windows 7 and MAC with power hub. Can  I obtain the file to try to install with the eeprom program?

thanks 

Hello DJiceman,

Please contact Hercules technical support here so that they guide you in your firmware update process.