Notifications
Clear all

dj console rmx firmware version - v31 not v32 in latest drivers

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

im trying to fix the usb 3.0 issues that many have noted on the dj console rmx. according to several responses and the driver release notes, firmware version 32 should fix this:  http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/djcseries/osx_release_notes.txt.

however, v32 is not included in the latest drivers as per the release notes:

note: firmware updates from v5.03 are not included with this package.

ive downloaded the 5.18 drivers and gone through the update process. problem is: im still at firmware version 31, not version 32. this is after repeated tries with both the automated and manual install / update processes. manual updater shows version 31 / 1.0.6.31 available and installed. 

question: how are we supposed to get the firmware update? can anyone provide a direct link to the actual version 32 rmx_tusb file or to the 5.03 driver package where it was first introduced?

any help is much appreciated! 

Are you currently experiencing any issues using your Rmx on your MAC computer ?

If not, then no need to update the firmware.

As most issues were reported on PC, the Firmware update was removed from the current MAC package to prevent potential problems with unnecessary updates (as this is a delicate operation).

Topic starter

Hi DJ Phatso,

The RMX does not work at all on my 2013 Macbook Air--that's why I'm trying to update. Core MIDI won't recognize it and audio fails after 30s.

The RMX works just fine on my old 2008 Pro, but the SMC is failing and it doesn't have long to live. I need the RMX to work on a modern system with USB 3.0. In other words: if I can't get the RMX firmware updated, I have a very expensive doorstop. 

I understand that a botched firmware update could brick the RMX but am comfortable following the manual update process. Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you for the help! 

Have you ever tried using a powered USB hub between the Rmx and the MacBook Air to verify if the console is correctly detected ?

Topic starter

Hi,

Yes--I've checked USB power after reading other posts like http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-first-step-in-computer-djing/018503/. I've also confirmed through System Profiler: the RMX only draws 450 of 500 available mA.

Thanks! 

But please confirm that you've tried connecting the Rmx to a powered USB hub, as this is exactly what the user did in the thread you mention to solve his problem.

Topic starter

Hi,

I bought both powered and unpowered USB hubs to verify this issue. Both are USB 2.0, not 3.0.

The RMX connects and runs perfectly when attached to the unpowered USB 2.0 hub; it just doesn't work when connected directly to the laptop's USB 3.0 port.

I haven't tried it with a powered 3.0 hub but given the unpowered 2.0 hub works, it's hard to see this as a power issue.

Thanks! 

You are correct. This is not a power issue.

To keep things simple, what the 2.0 hub does is somewhat regulate the data traffic to a lower speed so the computer can enumerate the device properly, which the USB 3.0 controller can't seem to do properly by himself (although it is theorically suppose to support older devices) . We usually recommend a powered hub because they have access to a regular power source where unpowered obviously rely on what is provide by the USB port itself (which might not always be stable) .

Glad to know using the hub solved the problem for you. We have several computers in our lab (mostly PC to be exact) for which a hub is required even after the consoles have been flashed with the latest Firmware. 

Topic starter

As most issues were reported on PC, the Firmware update was removed from the current MAC package to prevent potential problems with unnecessary updates (as this is a delicate operation).

Topic starter

Topic starter

Hi DJ Phatso,

The RMX does not work at all on my 2013 Macbook Air--that's why I'm trying to update. Core MIDI won't recognize it and audio fails after 30s.

The RMX works just fine on my old 2008 Pro, but the SMC is failing and it doesn't have long to live. I need the RMX to work on a modern system with USB 3.0. In other words: if I can't get the RMX firmware updated, I have a very expensive doorstop. 

I understand that a botched firmware update could brick the RMX but am comfortable following the manual update process. Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you for the help! 

Topic starter

Hi All,

I'm trying to fix the USB 3.0 issues that many have noted on the DJ Console RMX. According to several responses and the driver release notes, firmware version 32 should fix this:  http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/OSX_Release_notes.txt.

However, v32 is NOT included in the latest drivers as per the release notes:

NOTE: Firmware updates from v5.03 are not included with this package.

I've downloaded the 5.18 drivers and gone through the update process. Problem is: I'm still at firmware version 31, NOT version 32. This is after repeated tries with both the automated and manual install / update processes. Manual updater shows version 31 / 1.0.6.31 available and installed. 

Question: how are we supposed to get the firmware update? Can anyone provide a direct link to the actual version 32 RMX_TUSB file OR to the 5.03 driver package where it was first introduced?

Any help is much appreciated! 

Hello Gustavos Dos,

1) You do NOT NEED V32 firmware. This firmware is made to solve a USB 3.0 issue in Windows, not in Mac.

2) As you meet a technical problem, you MUST fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile" http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations /.
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJ Console Rmx,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Mac OS (for example Mac OS 10.11.6), version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

For a Mac, you must write the Mac Model and EMC number (on a Macbook, it is written on the ground side of the Mac, for example Model A1465 EMC 2924).

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

If you have a USB 3 port with a MacBook in Mac OS 10.11.4 or higher, and if it still does not work, then you should replace the USB cable with a USB 2.0 cable well shielded and not longer than 1m.

PS: Your messages have a vertical bar normally, used to show you quote something. To get rid of it, you should click on Replay button instead of clickin,g on "Quote button".