djconsole rmx2 / mi...

Notifications
Clear all

djconsole rmx2 / microphone too loud

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have the same problem as described here.

even without using vdj8, just plug in the rmx2 console and push the "mic on/off" button and i immediately hear a very strong "shhh" noise. if i plug the mic in and turn it on the volume is way too high.
i have tried konig mic, xlr cable, standard 1/4 cable, another akg mic (both mics are working perfectly elsewhere), but no change.

i am using mac yosemite.

[note from the administrator
message duplicated from the discussion here.
this message was separated from the discussion as
- you say you have the same problem as denny, but you dont provide the same level technical information as denny,
- the problem met by dennis is not fully identified yet,
- so that asking you the same questions as denny may delay the forum readers finding solution for dennis problem.
so moving this question out of dennys discussion is not against you, it is just due to that fact that dennys problem is not fully identified yet.]

Hello,

As already precised in the other discussion when you posted this message, it is normal to get a hiss noise when setting the microphone On/Off button on On position without connecting a microphone. This button is supposed to be switched off only after having plugged a microphone.

1) Please precise at which position of the microphone volume knob the volume becomes too loud?
Is it too loud at the minimum position?

2) Please mention your complete microphone names and references: if you precise only the brand without giving the complete name/reference of the microphone, answering your question is not possible.