my rmx2 is broken? ...

Notifications
Clear all

my rmx2 is broken? (freezing after using effects)

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

good day!

immediately apologize for my english.

i have problem with my hercules rmx2 (bought it about a month ago, but i have no way to return it under warranty).

i test him in vdj and traktor 2 and in both programms controller "freeze" after press pad under number 4 on 1 deck in effects-mode. the programs continues to run normally, but rmx2 still "freezing" and does not control. only off-on "heal" it. loops, cue and samples working good on this pad, but this effects - nope... it can not be fix now? (firmware...?)

(in futuredecks dj pro demo same problem; djuiced just crush after start)

also, i have strange problem with output sound - only in dvj le working phones-outputs (but loudspeakers are silent), in tracktor and futuredecks dj pro demo sound comes from the loudspeakers (even if you select djconsole rmx2 in audio-settings). i have usb-soundcard lexicon alpha - maybe it is the reason? anyway, im a little confused with it...

i have last drivers for pc ( http://ts.hercules.com/download/pub/webupdate/djcseries/2013_hdjs_2.exe), yep :p

Topic starter

Hi,

Firstly regarding your RMX2, test it with a midi monitor:

Set mode on effects and test your nr 4 pad, afterwards check if any other controls give values in midi monitor.

Regarding your sound isse, where are your speakers connected to and where did you plug in your headphones.

Greetz

TheCause

While you are testing the pads with MIDI Monitor, can you also see if it makes a difference when disabling the Pad velocity in the DJ Control panel (Advanced tab)?

Can you detail your computer specs ?

Topic starter

My PC specs:
Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.80 GHz,
MSI PH67S-C43
4 Gb RAM
GeForce GTX 460
Lexicon Alpha USB
Windows 7 ultimate

1) PAD number 4 on 1 deck (and others pads) work in Midi Monitor normally:

Velocity ON:

Velocity OFF:

But in DJ-soft after press on PAD 4 on 1 deck controller freeze - Loops/Effects/Sample/Cue don't switch; LED and indicators freeze; MIDI commands are not sent futher and signal shutdown USB-devices.

And listing:

Yes, after C-2 (Why C-2? This is pad E-2!) RMX2 freeze.

if you turn off RMX2 with OFF-ON switch on the rear panel:

2) My scheme of connection (sorry for pic):

I do not want to use the RMX2 outputs for loudspeakers, and leave everything as it is, ie, that would run simultaneously, and headphones with RMX, and loudspeakers with Lexicon... Is this possible or not?

Interested in that C-2 note...not sure where it comes from, but it might have something to do with the issue.

Try the following procedure:

- Turn off the Rmx2

- Press and hold the < and > buttons in the Browser section

- Turn on the Rmx2 and hold the buttons until the Firmware updater pop up on screen.

- Follow the instructions to proceed

- Once completed, reboot the computer and see if the problem is still present.

Regarding the audio configuration, when working with ASIO drivers, know that most softwares will only allow one device at a time, so you'll have to use either the Lexicon or Rmx2 (but since the console as all the the necessary outputs, the choice is obvious).

I say most softwares because Virtual DJ allow the combinaison of multiple ASIO drivers in ADVANCED mode, but results may vary (differences in sample rate, drivers conflicts, etc) so better to stick to one audio interface.  

Topic starter

About audio-configuraion - thank you, i'm understand this item, this question is closed 🙂

About freezeng...
C-2 appears always when I use the DJ-soft, when VDJ or Traktor not running - pad work normally.
I updated the firmware (1.22 - 19 now), follow the instructions, but freezing in VDJ and Traktor after touch PAD4 still remain.
Again C-2...

Button with C-2 not found, only C2 (without -, yep, I checked each button with Midi Monitor ) on SHIFT on 1 deck... I tried to disable Lexicon (may be problem with ASIO-conflict?), but bug with freezing still remain.

You are correct. that MIDI command (90 00 00 or C-2) is programmed command of the controller.

I've asked our engineers and they are not really sure how this could happen. Flashing the firmware was a way to potentially correct a wrong initial programming, but that apparently didn't seem to solve the issue.

In Traktor, could you try putting the MIDI Out port to NONE for the Rmx2 profile to see if we can further isolate the problem ?    

Topic starter

Here? (previous state was DJConsoleRMX2)

Same story with C-2...

Topic starter

I'm so sorry for bump this theme...

If I understand correctly, my problem with C-2 and freezing RMX2 has no solution?

Actually, it's not that your problem doesn't have a solution, but simply that we never managed to reproduce it, which would help in understanding what is happenning and potentially correcting the issue. So it is still a open case for us.

Topic starter

Hi guys. I have the same problem. I play for a while with Djuiced or VDJ and the controller freezes.
My laptop has great specs (Intel Core i7, 8Gb DDR3, 1Tb HDD, 512 VGA. I tried it on another computer and still the same.
... any solution?

Hello,

It would help if you could describe your configuration.

1) Please complete your profile here:
- Hercules equipment in use: check DJConsole Rmx2 in the list
- Software in use: check VirtualDJand Djuced

- Describe your equipment: precise your computer brand and model, CPU, RAM, operating system (for example is it Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit), and precise your DJConsole driver package.

2) Please precise exactly what you mean as "the controller freezes" (I see precisely what software freeze means, not hardware):
- what you are doing exactly before it freeezes, if you touch the controller at this moment or not,
- what you call the controller freezes: what occurs, on screen and in the sound,
- what occurs afterwards: do thing unfreeze or not.

3) Please confirm you have optimized your computer as described here.

Topic starter

Ok, already uploaded my info.

When I mean the controller freezes I mean that after playing for a while,
it stops the music, the lights stay on and it makes the sound of the USB disconnection.
I checked your computer optimization and I've already done everything.
After the computer optimization though, it plays but after maybe an hour it does the same.

Hello,

Can you confirm you have not an antivirus activated on your computer, as it looks exactly likes what occurs when an antivirus makes a background analysis?

Please precise if
- at the moment the music stops, you touch the controller or not (to know whether it may be an electrostatic discharge),
- when you hear the sound of the USB disconnection, you hear it it DJConsole Rmx2 or in your computer built-in speakers.

Topic starter

Hello,

No I actually turn of WiFi, Antivirus and graphic effects on  my pc to enhance the use.

At the moment the music stops I'm playing or doing an effect. When the USB disconnects I hear the sound from the laptop.

Hello,

1) Can you confirm you have disabled Windows power saving setting which cuts the USB bus power?
Push down the keys [Windows] + X on select > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers

• Made-right-click on the first line "USB Root Hub" and click "Properties"
  • In-tab "Power Management" uncheck the box "allow computer to turn off this device to save energy"
  • Click "OK" and close the dialog box
  • Apply this solution on all USB Root Hub lines.

2) Do you use the XLR outputs? If yes, can you check if you still get this issue when using the RCA outputs 1-2 instead of the XLR?
Also check if your DJConsole Rmx2 power adpater in hot just afer the disconnection.

Topic starter

Hello.

I've tried everything you said and still the same... I had to dj at a party last week and it froze. After I turned it off, I tried to turn it on back home and now it's not even turning on 🙁

Hello,

Do you mean now your DJConsole Rmx2 seems dead (and was already seeming dead when you have posted your previous message of 11/24/2014)?
If yes:
1) Have you another PC or Mac at home to check if it detects or not your DJConsole Rmx2?
2) Have you a volt-meter to test if your Rmx2 power adapter seems functional?

Topic starter

I tried it on different PCs and the pc makes the usb connectivity sound and it recognizes it as a soundcard but the device is dead. No lights, no functionality. The adapter works, the usb seems to work, but the device itself seems dead.
Sorry man, I got more complicated. Cry

Hello,

1) When you write it recognizes the sound card, please confirm if
a) you can play an audio track on DJConsole Rmx2 sound board,
b) and, if you can play an audio track, do you hear it or not in the master output?

2) Can you verify that the DJConsole Rmx2 is working correctly as a MIDI controller?

Although it is possible to test the DJConsole Rmx2 from within most applications that can use MIDI controller, let's use MIDI Monitor test program available here.
In Windows Vista/7/8, make sure you use an Administrator account of Windows.

After launching MIDI Monitor, set DJConsole Rmx2 as MIDI device.
- From the Left column of MIDI Monitor, click on Setup
- Use the drop down menu for MIDI In Device and MIDI Out Device and select DJConsole Rmx2 in both case.

Then, click on Data Monitor (on left in MIDI Monitor): you reach the test page.
Press a button button on DJConsole Rmx2.
Do you see value change in Data2 column and in Events history area?

Remark: this test is based on the test described here for another DJ controller.

Page 1 / 2