hercules dj console...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj console 4mx, firmware broke

33 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

all hello! my hercules dj console 4mx  broke on the third day of the use. the key of mic onoff works only. 34 devices  not determined (asio, audio, bulk), procedure of update wirmfare is final on 77%, but i see "done." and controller not working. how to update wirmfare correctly?

/sorry bad english...

Topic starter

Hello,

- Have you tried to install the latest Drivers Package ? http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=263&cid=1
- What is your computers configuration ? (Windows, Mac, Vista, Seven, 32 or 64bit ?)
- Are you connecting your 4-MX Directly on the computer ? (and not thru a HUB).

Topic starter

Hi there,

1. Yes

2. Win7 32bit

3. Yes, I connect my 4mx only on back device 

Problem is not of my computer...i tried connect 4mx to 3 computers of my friends, failure... but we used 4mx on this computers before

Which firmware fails exactly ?  Audio or controller ?

First, try connecting the console while holding the MIC On/Off button. After a while, the firmware updater should pop up. Follow the instructions and see if that still fails.

If it does fail, try connecting the console while holding the Files and Folder buttons. Again, this should bring up the updater.

If both attemps fail, then it is highly probable that there is a hardware problem with your console and it should be replaced.

Topic starter

Updater bring up, if holding mic on\off button only.

I tried procedure of update oftentimes, not success...

I tried do it on Macbook, and update done 100%, and 4mx deteching on the trackor, "CTRL" is blue. But however nothing works... 

unfortunately a purchase was done on the internet and  return 4mx is not possible =( I will be very disappointed =(

Sorry, my mistake.

Try holding Load on Left Deck and Load on Right Deck.

Topic starter

in this holding he also is not bring up 🙁

Topic starter

hi.....i have the same problem with mine.......bought it 1 month ago, did you solved it?
how?

Topic starter

same problem with dj control air!! i need to flash controler with "firmware contrôleur & firmaware audio" in manual i found the file but nitghing happend when i flash audio only!

please i know is nothing just need reinit

help me, just recent buy

Topic starter

hi.....i have the same problem with mine.......bought it 1 month ago, did you solved it?
how?

This problem I have not decided.. The controller is not working now 🙁  Update abort in 2 step, when i must recconect USB cable. driver is not found...and 2 step stops

I knew my problem is not the first but I did not found a way to solve so far.....

May be a computer virus somehow embedded in the firmware and controller eliminates perhaps something different...

in any case, need a complete replacement of the controller firmware, because it is physically unharmed, he did not drop, not knock, correctly connected 

if you find a solution, I would be very grateful

Topic starter

Hi !

I tried very hard, but the firmware was not updated! The current firmware version is always "0"

Please list ALL the ways of the firmware update?

It's a shame that I have only played 3 times 🙁

It's been almost a year since your last message. Did the console ever worked between then and now?

At this point, leave the Firmware updater windows open and disconnect the console.

Reconnect it while holding Load on Left Deck and Load on Right Deck. Keep the buttons pressed until the PLAY, CUE and STOP buttons lit up. You should then get this:

If this is the case, click Update!.

- Does the update process completes?

- Are you asked to disconnect the console?

- Upon reconnecting it, is the Current firmware version 13?

Topic starter

If I reconnect console whil holding "Load on Right" "Load on left" - nothing else.

Console not worked all time on this year.

-  Procedure of update wirmfare is jump on 77% to 100%, but i see "Done." and controller not working.Also i tried update firmware manual (ftp://ftp.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00386.pdf) but its failure...

- I can bring Updater only reconnect console while holding "Mic On\Off", and there are current firmware audio is 0 . 
If i reconnect console in normal mode - i see this:

Let's just step back for a second.

- With no console connected, launch the manual Fimrware updater

- Connect the console while holding Load on Right and Load on left.

Please detail the information you have in the updater.

Topic starter

Hello, it's me again...

I updated my hercules by new drivers packages

BUT I can't update controller firmware anyway! 🙁

2 years i tried fix this problem.. 

http://a0.sderni.ru/d/753491/hdjs_fwupdate_trace.log - log of update

this details of updater without holding mic on/off:

and this datails of updater with holding mic on/off:

Firmware v16 is the latest version for the 4-Mx, and it looks like it was updated properly so there is nothing else to be done.

Topic starter

OK, but the current firmware version of the "Firmware controller" - "-" Is it so it should be?

Indeed, I missed that... strange.

As mentionned previously, try connecting the console while holding Load on Right and Load on left (instead of the MIC button).

How does it appear now in the updater ?

Topic starter

In this case (holding Load on Right and Load on left ) the console starts in normal mode, but nothing happens, the updater shows the same as at startup console "without holding mic on/off" - controller firmware is "-",  and the console still undetectable Virtual DJ, Traktor.

I have "push" in the console file "4MX_PIC.djc". I think problem is covered in this.

In Device Manager, are all the console components enumerated and installed properly ?

Topic starter

Yes, is it:

Topic starter

Hi,

I am basically running into the same problem. I have configured and used my console in the past on my PC, but when I was updating the firmware since it was mandatory to work with a Mac, an error occurred and my console is not recognized on any computer since.

I have tried the manual firmware update multiple times but when I hold either the Mic or the two Load On Left/Right Deck buttons, it doesn't seem to make a difference in the manual firmware updater. I have also tried different USB ports and using a powered USB hub with no success. I tried on my VAIO VPCZ1290X running Windows 7 and on my Macbook Pro running Mavericks.

What can I do?
Thanks,
Carlos. 

Hello Javier,

What does "it doesn't seem to make a difference in the manual firmware updater" mean?
Does it mean
a- the firmware updater starts and fails (and then how does it fail?, in which step)
b- the firmware updater starts, you don't see it failing, and then you don't see any change,
c- the firmware updater doesn't start?

PS: Please complete your profile (in My Space > My Profile):
- what is your DJ equipment: fill the filed Hercules DJ Equipment in use, which DJ Console do you refer to?
- what is your computer : fill the field "Describe your equipment) Computer (RAM, CPU, model) and most important, what is your operating system
  - Windows 7 is a too partial information: is it Windows 7 64-bit or 32-bit, and is it Service Pack 1?
  - Maverick is a too partial information: is it Mac OS 10.9.0, 10.9.1, 10.9.2 or 10.9.3?
One cannot guess what is your computer and what you see on your screen, so if you don't provide a complete technical information, you cannot get an efficient help on a forum.

Topic starter

Has conseguido solucionar tu problema. Te lo digo porque a mi me ha pasado lo mismo

Hi,

I am basically running into the same problem. I have configured and used my console in the past on my PC, but when I was updating the firmware since it was mandatory to work with a Mac, an error occurred and my console is not recognized on any computer since.

I have tried the manual firmware update multiple times but when I hold either the Mic or the two Load On Left/Right Deck buttons, it doesn't seem to make a difference in the manual firmware updater. I have also tried different USB ports and using a powered USB hub with no success. I tried on my VAIO VPCZ1290X running Windows 7 and on my Macbook Pro running Mavericks.

What can I do?
Thanks,
Carlos. 

Hello Carlos,

Please precise
- your model of DJ controller
- which version of drivers you have installed (is it 2014_HDJS_1 package)?

As you didn't complete your profile (in My Space > My Profile, you didn't fill the fied "Hercules equipment in use), and you post a message in this discussion on DJ Console 4-Mx, and another message in a discussion on DJ Console Rmx, I don't know your DJ controller.

Topic starter

Hi Javier,

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? I am supposed to play a show tomorrow night and am scrambling to borrow a friend's controller because my computer won't even recognize the Hercules 4MX anymore. I got an error in the middle of the firmware update and now when I plug it in the Mic On/Off light comes on for a second and then fades away. I even tried it with a USB powered hub and am having the same issue. I think the broken firmware just isn't letting power get through to the controller. This is very frustrating. I am trying to figure out how to resolve and/or replace my controller. Not sure I will be going with Hercules in the future. Really a bad firmware update. 

Topic starter

I have the same issue. When I connect console to new clean PC, console is even not recognized and MIC On/Off just light on and then off. No driver requested or…nothing happened. Is there any solution for that…is possible to solve this problem?

Topic starter

Dear All,
I just encountered the same issue.
New PC (Lenovo Yoga with W 8.1), installed latest drivers.
When requested, I connected the usb cable. Firmware updater popped up telling me to hold MIC Key while disconnecting and re-connecting the usb port.
Done.
After a second the firware update started and the failed. Now the consolle seems "bricked" . When connected to usb, The Mic Button light fades for 2 seconds, but no device is longer recognised in the Device Manager. I'm very sad that an original update broke my consolle. Is there anything we can do to fix this issue ? Please help us. 

Hello Tvojmuc,

Please precise if your operating system is Windows 8.1.
If it is Windows 8.1, please let me know:
- if you have another computer,
- and if you have a powered USB hub?

If you have it, I suggest opening another discussion as the last messages have driven this discussion to its end.

Topic starter

Hello!
I have problem with my Hercules 4-mx after using it with a Mac.

Now my Win PC cant see console. I tried two different Win PC (win 7 and win 8) - same problem. Tray Agent cant detect my console. After connecting device to PC only Mic On\Off led flashes periodicly and no other signals from 4-mx I have.

In Device Manager I see that ASIO, bulk and MIDI drivers don't installed. 

Please help me restore my console! 

Hello Pnd,

I wonder if your DJConsole 4-Mx firmware is still partially readable or not.

You should try this operation ON YOUR WINDOWS 7 PC
1) install last drivers, 2015_HDJS_6 on the PC, without connecting the DJ Console 4-Mx at the end
2) take a USB hub which has a power adapter (not a USB hub powered by the USB)
3) Push down the Mic On/Off button prior and keep it pressed down prior to plugging the USB
4) Keep the Mic button pressed down 1 minute
5) You can now release the Mic On/Off button
6) If Windows detect "Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx Bulk", you can still update the firmware via the USB bus / If Windows 7 detects nothing, then it will require opening the casing, and reflashing the eeprom on an eeprom burner

7) If Windows has detected Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx Bulk, then click on Windows icon > Ran, and type
"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
(type the " as mentionned), and click on OK.
You should get DJHerculesMix firwmare updater detecting your DJ Console 4-Mx:
- at the end of the line Audio firmware, check  on the check box Flash,
- click on "Open Audio" button, and select, in C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware, the file 4MX_TUSB_F.dja
- click on Update button.

Topic starter

Hi Maxdjak
My hercules dj console 4mx is biked...i readed the eeprom after taking it apart..and it was blank ...so please help by sending the dump file for the eeprom..
Info :
The console does not start firmware update with standard procedure.
Computer is HP i3 cpu ...8gb ram ..windows 7 64 bit...i use power hub for the console dj..
thats my email for the dump file ( eeprom)
[email protected]
Thanks a lot for your great help bro🥺😬

Topic starter

I have an event coming up my sx3 deck 1 is out of wack, I have an older 4-mx and an older windows 7 laptop the drivers are not installing. Is there anything I can do?

Topic starter

Which driver are you trying to install? The support page has two: the newest (2022.HDJ S.1) is for Windows 10 and 11 only, while the 2020.HDJ S.1 is meant for Windows 7 and 8/8.1.

Page 1 / 3