5 days and still ha...

Notifications
Clear all

5 days and still having driver issues wit rmx

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

newbie here... new with digital and i decided to go with traktor pro and hercules rmx...

well needless to say i am having all sorts of install and mapping issues...

contacte hercules support several times followed their instructions and nothing.. i am ready to return this controler and pick an omni controler...  heres the fix instructions..

open device manager... go to audio video game controler... right click dj console rmx and update drive... dont let it search but i will maually pick from a list to install... problem is the dj console rmx isnt on this list... only midi and asio... it is how ever in the other devices list with the yellow sign around it... when i try to install from thier it try to locate and same result... even when i tell it what folder to search...

im sure you all heard this one b4 so i wont go through every step...

go into regisrty delete keys in the local/machine/service adn system etc... then into c drive programs installshield folder and delete some more.

its not that i cant get it to work... but it doesnt lite up... now all of a sudden my headphones stopped working when i turned it off and then came back to mess with it again... same settings and everything...

its a shame i read so many good things and a shit load of problems with the dj console rmx... when it works it is sick... when it works...
was planning on selling my cdjs 800 and sticking with buying a new laptop and controler and be set... now i will keep them just in case... just really tired of all the cds and hauling the gear...

can anybody help me out... wed will be 8 days that i have owned dj console rmx and i have until the follwing tues to return it before im stuck with this and the problems...

almost forgot i went back to guitar center and exchanged for another brand new rmx so this is my second one in 5days... so it cant be all rmx are faulty... software??? possible...

if all else fails the numark omni controler willl be mine with in 1.5wks if this doenst resolve its self soon...

running a acer x1200 athlon 4400+ 2gig ddrii slim line desk top... 2 pair bx5a technics pr-dh1200 headphones axiom 49keyboard and recording with pro tools 8... also working on reason 4 and absynth 4... 

thanks robbiechi

7 Answers

Did Tech Support tell you to go "play" in the Registry ?

How long have you had this installation of Windows (XP or Vista)?

As you said, there are possibilities that you could have gotten a defective unit, but 2 in a row is a little strange...

If you just run the driver installer (preferably the latest one), does the process goes through correctly:

- Copies the files

- Ask you to connect the console

- If you are on Windows XP, the installation proceeds without you having to click on anything

- If your are on Windows Vista, you should get 4 pop-up ( 1 for each devices to install) asking you if you allow the driver ton be installed...obvioulsy say YES

- Once all devices have been installed, and the process is complete, the Control Panel icon appears in the Task Bar

If not, where does it fails ?

If you can open the control panel, what information do you have in the ABOUT tab ?

You might have goes through this with Tech Support already, but if we want to help you out, we'll need as much info as possible.

7 Answers
Topic starter

hey DJ Phatso

yes i spoke to tech support and followed thier instructions for the registry clean out... using windows vista... came with my PC when i bought it back in November...

when i run the installer it does ask me to connect the console which i do... then says found new hardware searching... window pops up to locate drivers...

the midi asio and bulk drivers are found everytime... it's the dj console rmx driver that always fails... and when i look in my device manager it shows the 3 are working fine and the dj console rmx didnt install correctly... very frustrating...

the control panel icon shows up on the taskbar...

here's what the about tab reads:

Package: 4..HDJS.2008

Firmware: 1.0.6.29

Driver: 4.3.0.0

7 Answers
Topic starter

sorry i hit the send but without finishing the details...  as  i was saying...

DJ API: 2.0.16.6

CPL: 2.0.3.1

i can use it with Traktor... but all the buttons don't all light up... when i was djing last night the headphones worked... turned it off came back plugged it back in same usb port and the lights start to flash... traktor doesnt find Hercules.. when it does finally find it my headphones did'nt work... check the mapping and everything was the same... so i just shut it down and left it alone...

like i said when the unit works it awesom... but it's really trying my patience... feb 16 Omni Controller is availbale here... Hercules time is running out unless this driver install gets rectified soon... thanks

7 Answers

Interresting... I'm starting to see a few possibilities:

First, this device actually uses a standard Microsoft USB Audio driver and is being renamed "DJ Console Rmx" by Device Manager from the ID inside the console.  

Did you have the Axiom connected at the same time ( or any other soundcard or the like)?

If you check the properties in Device Manager, what is the description of the problem ?

It could  also be a possible USB bandwidth/Ressources problem.

Have you tried any of the other USB ports or powered hub? Did you have other USB devices connected at the same time?

Often, the USB root hub of certain ports will share ressources with internal accessories (integrated webcam or card reader for example), preventing it from giving full power to the external device. This is a know issues on Macbook where specific ports need to be used for USB audio devices, and could also be the case here.

You can see how the bandwidth is being shared for each USB host controller in the ADVANCED tab of their properties in Device Manager. Certain devices could possibly be disabled in the computer'S BIOS to free ressources if needed.  

7 Answers
Topic starter

hey DJ Phatso... i tried the disabling all usb drivers.  unistalled everything first... registry clean out... then i installed and i'm getting the same issue...

can it be possible this is happening because i'm using vista 32 bit? i'm runnin out of patience with this hercules... it's a few days from being returned...
that's when Omni Controller arrives in stores here...

i'm not new to pc configuring etc... i've sent emails to microsoft spoke to hercules tech support... they last said it's prob my operating system... i'm not upgrading or formatting my pc... everything else runs on it jsut fine... Pro Tools 8 Traktor Absynth Reason 4... my Axiom... so if all the IT people can't figure it out i'm sure as hell am not...

flashed the firmware yesterday and now all the lights stay off!!!  and my blood pressure keeps gettng higher!!! lol

7 Answers

I'm not a big fan of Windows Vista, but I've installed the Rmx on enough system running it that I know it works, as much as it does in XP. Now, what is happenning on your computer I'm not quite sure... You don't have another computer around you could try the installation on?

I've tried running the console and Traktor Pro in similar conditions, i.e. without the USB audio driver loaded, and since Traktor uses ASIO, I didn't have any problems ( I would if I were to try playing something with iTunes however).

Now, when you say the LEDs stay off, is that in Traktor or when you plug it in ? Are the firmware information in the control panel still the same ? 

7 Answers
Topic starter

did tech support tell you to go "play" in the registry ?

how long have you had this installation of windows (xp or vista)?

as you said, there are possibilities that you could have gotten a defective unit, but 2 in a row is a little strange...

if you just run the driver installer (preferably the latest one), does the process goes through correctly:

- copies the files

- ask you to connect the console

- if you are on windows xp, the installation proceeds without you having to click on anything

- if your are on windows vista, you should get 4 pop-up ( 1 for each devices to install) asking you if you allow the driver ton be installed...obvioulsy say yes

- once all devices have been installed, and the process is complete, the control panel icon appears in the task bar

if not, where does it fails ?

if you can open the control panel, what information do you have in the about tab ?

you might have goes through this with tech support already, but if we want to help you out, well need as much info as possible.

Topic starter

hey dj phatso

yes i spoke to tech support and followed thier instructions for the registry clean out... using windows vista... came with my pc when i bought it back in november...

when i run the installer it does ask me to connect the console which i do... then says found new hardware searching... window pops up to locate drivers...

the midi asio and bulk drivers are found everytime... its the dj console rmx driver that always fails... and when i look in my device manager it shows the 3 are working fine and the dj console rmx didnt install correctly... very frustrating...

the control panel icon shows up on the taskbar...

heres what the about tab reads:

package: 4..hdjs.2008

firmware: 1.0.6.29

driver: 4.3.0.0

Topic starter

sorry i hit the send but without finishing the details...  as  i was saying...

dj api: 2.0.16.6

cpl: 2.0.3.1

i can use it with traktor... but all the buttons dont all light up... when i was djing last night the headphones worked... turned it off came back plugged it back in same usb port and the lights start to flash... traktor doesnt find hercules.. when it does finally find it my headphones didnt work... check the mapping and everything was the same... so i just shut it down and left it alone...

like i said when the unit works it awesom... but its really trying my patience... feb 16 omni controller is availbale here... hercules time is running out unless this driver install gets rectified soon... thanks

Topic starter

package: 4..hdjs.2008

i see you are using the old drivers mate (were they the ones of the cd by chance)

go to the hercules tech site and download the latest driver package, dec 08 and see if that helps

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1

follow the above link to them

Topic starter

interresting... im starting to see a few possibilities:

first, this device actually uses a standard microsoft usb audio driver and is being renamed "dj console rmx" by device manager from the id inside the console.  

did you have the axiom connected at the same time ( or any other soundcard or the like)?

if you check the properties in device manager, what is the description of the problem ?

it could  also be a possible usb bandwidth/ressources problem.

have you tried any of the other usb ports or powered hub? did you have other usb devices connected at the same time?

often, the usb root hub of certain ports will share ressources with internal accessories (integrated webcam or card reader for example), preventing it from giving full power to the external device. this is a know issues on macbook where specific ports need to be used for usb audio devices, and could also be the case here.

you can see how the bandwidth is being shared for each usb host controller in the advanced tab of their properties in device manager. certain devices could possibly be disabled in the computers bios to free ressources if needed.  

Topic starter

hey dj phatso... i tried the disabling all usb drivers.  unistalled everything first... registry clean out... then i installed and im getting the same issue...

can it be possible this is happening because im using vista 32 bit? im runnin out of patience with this hercules... its a few days from being returned...
thats when omni controller arrives in stores here...

im not new to pc configuring etc... ive sent emails to microsoft spoke to hercules tech support... they last said its prob my operating system... im not upgrading or formatting my pc... everything else runs on it jsut fine... pro tools 8 traktor absynth reason 4... my axiom... so if all the it people cant figure it out im sure as hell am not...

flashed the firmware yesterday and now all the lights stay off!!!  and my blood pressure keeps gettng higher!!! lol

Topic starter

im not a big fan of windows vista, but ive installed the rmx on enough system running it that i know it works, as much as it does in xp. now, what is happenning on your computer im not quite sure... you dont have another computer around you could try the installation on?

ive tried running the console and traktor pro in similar conditions, i.e. without the usb audio driver loaded, and since traktor uses asio, i didnt have any problems ( i would if i were to try playing something with itunes however).

now, when you say the leds stay off, is that in traktor or when you plug it in ? are the firmware information in the control panel still the same ?