my mk2 wont run und...

Notifications
Clear all

my mk2 wont run under xp - disconnected.

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ok, so i got the mac version of an mk2 as discussed in another thread, with a bit of help from dj phatso.

i have downloaded the newest driver from the site (pc version for mk2)

installed it so far... til it says plug in your hercules devices.. then it does nothing else when i connect it.

i have opted to install it to xp instead of vista as previously discussed.
if a use task manager to cancel the install, i can then find in my program directory the hercules folder with some programs in it. one of these when run says the controller is disconnected, so whats next?

i have been thru the usb settings and disabled the power off boxes.

when i plug the controller in all lights flash for a few seconds, the laptop makes the device connected/disconnected sound. and it has even come up with the found hercules bubble.

please help, i feel like ive wasted my money now 🙁

4 Answers
Topic starter

interestlingly i've just found this on another site...

12. Is Hercules DJ Console Mac-compatible?
No, Hercules DJ Console only functions with Windows PCs (98SE, Millennium, 2000, XP). We are currently studying the prospect of a DJ Console for Mac OS X, but it would not use the same hardware as the PC version.

I have now noticed that the hercules does appear in device manager before renaming itself as a usb audio device, and a usb composite device.

4 Answers

That was the first DJ Console. There was indeed a PC and MAC version.

The MK2 , which is grey compared to the original which was black, his compatible with both MAC and PC.

Which one to you have?   

4 Answers
Topic starter

mine has a black surround with silver coloured panels.

4 Answers
Topic starter

the plot thickens, seems i have ended up with a mk1 not a 2, so looks like a no go.
thanks for all help anyway

4 Answers
Topic starter

interestlingly ive just found this on another site...

12. is hercules dj console mac-compatible?
no, hercules dj console only functions with windows pcs (98se, millennium, 2000, xp). we are currently studying the prospect of a dj console for mac os x, but it would not use the same hardware as the pc version.

i have now noticed that the hercules does appear in device manager before renaming itself as a usb audio device, and a usb composite device.

Topic starter

that was the first dj console. there was indeed a pc and mac version.

the mk2 , which is grey compared to the original which was black, his compatible with both mac and pc.

which one to you have?   

Topic starter

mine has a black surround with silver coloured panels.

Topic starter

the plot thickens, seems i have ended up with a mk1 not a 2, so looks like a no go.
thanks for all help anyway