Notifications
Clear all

only the right side of the headphones is working

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone, 
i got a problem with my djuced configuration,  i suppose. 
even if i use the dj universal audio device i cannot hear the left side of my headphone (that works perfectly).
if i chose the 1&2 output for them too i am able to hear both sides but the output is the same from the master, so i cant use the hedphones for the pre-listening. 
i am pretty sure is a configuration problem, but i tried every possible setting without results, and i hope someone here will help me. 
thank everyone!

ps: im using an hercules universal dj and djuced version 5.3.4 that sends the output to my focusrite audio device.

thanks! πŸ™‚ 

Hello Viking Vinz,

Welcome to the forum.

1) Please complete your equipement profile in   

https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/  

• In "Hercules hardware" field, please check the name of the controller Universal
  • In "DJ Software in use, please check the name of the DJ software, Djuced
  • In "Describe your equipment" field
  • Environment (for example Windows 10 64-bit Version 21H2 build 19044.1586)
  • brand and model CPU RAM (as Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Carbon 13ITL5 13,3" Core i5 16 GB RAM)
  • Type of USB port (for example USB 3.0 Type A, USB-C, USB hub powered by a power adapter...)
  • version of DJ driver (for example. 2022_HDJS_1)
  • name & model of speakers

2) Please check Djuced audio settings and make sure the Headphones output is Outputs 3&4, without a Mono setting

3) And make sure the headphones jack adapter is a stereo adapter:
- if the jack 6.3mm plug has 1 black stripe, it is a mono adapter, and you head only the left channel in the headphones
- if the jack 6.3mm plug has 2 black stripes, it is a stereo adapter, and you should hear the music in both ears.

Topic starter

Hi, thanks for the reply and for welcoming me!
I submitted my account informations and, about the points 2) and 3) I checked my Djuiced audio settings and they are fine, headphones output 3&4, no mono.
I normally use my headphones with stereo plug and, yesterday in Djuiced ambient I've been able to hear both sides for a bit. 
Considering this I excluded an hardware problem. 
The issue is that if i put the headphone Output 1&2 i can hear both sides, but it returns me the master, of course, and in the Output 3&4 I only hear the right side (tha is strange too, because, like You said, in a mono set I should only listen the left side).
I'm really confused about this problem

Topic starter

Do you use a headphone/earphone designed for mobiles by any chance (so it has a microphone somewhere on the cable or in an earcup)? Those things have 3 rings and could cause issues as it turned out eariler on this forum (The UX Team would correct me, but I guess the problem comes from the middle ring alignment, which is a bit off compared to the stereo plug).

The solution to this problem is either buying a regular stereo headphone without a mic or buy an adapter which separates the signal to two separate stereo jacks - something like this.

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply. 
I use the same headphones that I use for producing, regular stereo one πŸ™‚ 
I even tried to connect others headphones and others adaptors too, but something new happened today. 
I saw that if I plug the headphones partially (just the tip of the jack) I can hear only the left side, if i push a little bit more I hear nothing and if I plug totally the jack I only hear the right side. 
So, in the end, I think it may be an hardware problem of the consolle. My next question is: It is an easy problem to solve? Or should I return the consolle, take the refound and buy a new one? 
Thanks! 

Hello Vinz,

As you had already tested the headphones in the 3.5mm master output, it is not an issue on headphones

An issue with the 1/4" to 1/8" (jack 6.35 to jack 3.5mm) adapter is possible, so if you want to change the DJ controller, please do as you want, but if you do not test first with another jack adapter, it may be like sending a car for repair when the gas tank is empty.

Topic starter

Hi, thank for the reply too!
I already tested with differend headphones and different adapters too, if I change the consolle I want to take another of the same model (Universal Dj) because I think is perfect for what I have to do now with my music. I bought it a few days ago and I was thinking of asking for a replacement of the same model, but I definitely prefer to repair this one if is not too complicated.

Hello Vinz,

If your DJ controller is a brand new one, you should contact Hercules tech support
- either by phone at the number mentionned on https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/
- or by email by the contact form at the same page

If your controller is an old unit no longer covered by the warranty, I can send you the schematics on the headphones output (with such elements, and electronic repair person can test in less than 15 minutes whether the issue can be solved (by resoldering or changing the audio connector of the front headphones output) or not (if the issue is not at the connector level, but on the audio cirο»Ώο»Ώcuit of the main printed circuit board, the printed circuit board on the rear panel with the USB connector, it cannot be repaired).