Notifications
Clear all

updating comments

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello,
new dj here and deep in the learning process. i have a large library (over 6,300 songs) and imported all into djuced on the first day. i have been creating playlists and cues and fixing beatgrids but so many songs can be hard to work with.
i have been working on my library in another software (mediamonkey) adding comments for different playlists id like to put them in. how can i update my library in djuced so the new comments will show in djuced?
i have clicked the gear by all songs and tried check library, analyze, and importing the songs again but none of these options show the new comments in djuced. please let me know if there is a way to do this! i am excited to start mixing better with this organization.
love the software, updates and support. the inpulse 500 is also a great piece of equipment. thank you hercules!

Hello Legasee,

Welcome to the forum.
If you change the tags of the files after importing them in Djuced, you must re-import them in Djuced for Djuced to update all their tags. The fastest way is to "Delete the Music database" (as tags are in the tracks, they are is not lost), but it will delete your playlists, so
- if the playlists are already in MediaMonkey, you can go in Djuced > Setting > About, and click on Delete Music Database,
- if the playlists are not yet in MediaMonkey, you should export your Djuced playlists in M3u, import them in MediaMonkey, then you can delete your Djuced Music Database, and reimport in Djuced both the tracks and MediaMonkey playlists.

remark: Importing >6k songs is long. 

Topic starter
Thank you for the answer! I understand I have a bit of a crazy library. I love having so many songs to mix from, it's different every time.
I will wait until I finish tagging all my songs in MediaMonkey and I will export playlists from Djuced before deleting the music database and re-importing.
Will I lose cuepoints and fixed beatgrids or are those saved to the tracks tags?

Hello,

No, 6K tracks is not a crazy library (mobile DJs libraries may often exceed 100K tracks), but it is not a library you can reimport at the start of a party, it is a library you should import at home when you have plenty of time.

Djuced 5 cue points and fixed beatgrid are stored in the audio tracks, so they are not lost unless MediaMonkey has an impact on them.

Topic starter
Hello,
You're right about the amount of tracks and I will get there!
I finished tagging my tracks in mediamonkey yesterday and followed your instructions to export playlists, delete the music database and reimport all my music. This worked perfectly, my comments and tags have updated, I have my old playlists and have created new ones, and I did not lose any cues or track analysis.
Great software, hardware, and customer support. Hercules is a great company I'm proud to own your equipment!