Notifications
Clear all

ape tag support?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello hercules and djuced team!

would it be possible to suppport ape tags in the foreseeable future? it would help having my music library normalised / amplified with mp3gain without reencoding the actual music itself, since it uses metadata. or even better - since mp3gain is open source as far as i can tell - include volume in your analisys routine and help fixing quieter songs that are far from the peak?

many thanks in advance!

Hello Sityi,

I have forwarded your suggestion to Djuced team but they fear APE tags may prevent the audio files from being supported in some other music software (not in Djuced, which can use APE tagged files with no issue), so they prefer not to write APE tags in audio files.

But they agree MP3Gain normalising process is good, and they will look for ways to improve Djuced Autogain. 

Topic starter

I understand the concerns, however even if Djuced could read the MP3GAIN_MINMAX, REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN and REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK tags and adjust the actual gain according to these and then allow manipulate the actual volume with the gain knobs and the crossfader, that would be great. So basically if these tags are missing, Djuced would not insert them, if present, would not modify - however would use the stored information and even display the waveforms accordingly. I make a screenshot when I get home to clarify better.

Topic starter

So that's what I was trying to tell. The song loaded in deck 1 is far from the peak, so the gain knob on my Inpulse 300 needs to be at the notch before the last one to make it sound right (so the orange LED on the VU meter only occasionally lights up). The song loaded in deck 2 is quite loud and the gain knob there is around the middle, maybe a little less to have the same result checking at the VU meter. I was thinking using MP3Gain to amplify the songs (fix the songs' peak level?) so I have more headroom with the gain knob if necessary. Or am I overthinking it and basically the song in deck 2 isn't properly mastered?

(Don't judge the song selection regarding BPM, key and such - I just picked two random songs to explain what I wrote Smile )