dj 4 set ohne softw...

Notifications
Clear all

dj 4 set ohne software

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hallo...ich habe ein hercules dj 4 set erstanden, als vorführmodel allerdings ohne software...ich verzweifeln noch mit dem teil. ich habe es auf meinen beiden rechnern versucht zu installieren...einer mit vista und der andere mit win 10 pro 64 bit...ich bekomme es einfach nicht zum laufen

Topic starter

The User Experience Team may correct me if I'm wrong somewhere, but as far as I can tell you need to do the following:
1. Use a USB 2.0 port, else Windows 10 may not recognise your device. If you don't have a USB 2.0 port on your PC, follow these instructions (or use a short, well shielded cable or a USB hub with external power at least for updating the firmware).
2. Install the driver from here.
3. From the same page download the MIDI mapping for your software. Traktor Pro 2 is free now, but I guess Mixxx supports it as well and that's being developed.

Topic starter

Dankeschön für die Tipps... also erkennen tut der Rechner den Mixer, das sieht man ja am Programm in der Taskleiste und ein Paar led's sind auch an aber es rührt sich nichts in der Software

Topic starter

Which software are we talking about?
Have you updated the firmware after you have installed the latest driver?

Take a look at this document to confirm that everything is installed properly:

Then, from our browser, go to  https://www.midimonitor.com/ , allow the site to use your device, and you'll be able to test it as a MIDI controller.

If everything works, then you'll just need to get a DJ software to start mixing:

- Your only free and open source option is Mixxx. A mapping exist for the DJ4Set, but was made for an older version, so it may not work the best with all recent changes to the software.

https://www.mixxx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12357

- Othertwise, most DJ softwares offer a "free" version, but you can only use it with your mouse and keyboard, so you will have to buy a license to be able to use your controller.

Here is a list to get you started: