Notifications
Clear all

djuced recording

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,
im new here so hi & if this question has already been asked forgive me. i have basically figured out djuced ui but im having issues with the recording function. when i 1st started using djuced recording function it produced a wav file output to.the mixes folder.
now my issue seems to be djuced is not producing any wav files only xml files named as wav files?confused i am? also whats the explanation for the 4 different options i get when i finish a recording? save, save compressed, save and share & cancel. what am i doing wrong? haha 😬😬😄😄

Topic starter

The 4 options are:
- Save: saves as an uncompressed .wav file
- Save compressed: saves a compressed .ogg (Ogg Vorbis) file
- Save & Share: Saves your recording locally, plus uploads to Soundcloud or Mixcloud (or both)
- Cancel: do you really need explanation on this? Wink
The .xml file is basically a tracklist  of your recorded mix - I guess Mixcloud could use that when it detects what songs were you using.
In the Settings I would check in the Recording section if the right folder is set and you have enough free space on your HDD or SSD.

Topic starter

Hi Rob.

I'm having this exact same problem, as well as another one!  I press record on DJuiced, do my mix on my Hercules 500 and go to press stop recording but it doesn't stop, the clock continues to run!  About 3 minutes later the 'save' box appears, and I've tried pressing save AND save compressed, both produce the same issue.  I go to the mix folder within DJuiced and there are hundreds of 1kb .xml files.  I will try the 'save and share' option next time and see if that is any different.  But so far I have done over 3 hours of mixes with nothing to show for it. 🙁

If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it.  Does anyone else press stop recording and nothing happens?

Topic starter

In Djuced Settings what folder have you defined under Recording -> Recording Directory? Also, do you have enough free space on that drive? And if you could tell what computer are you using would help investigating better (CPU, RAM, storage size and type, OS, etc.)

Hello Andy Pearson,

Please check if you have Avast on your computer., as an Avast bug deletes the recorded file. A workaround is to uninstall Avast and reinstall it.