djuced seek bug?

Notifications
Clear all

djuced seek bug?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

ive recently purchased a hercules inpulse 300.  its a great bit of kit and lots of features to learn as a newbie.  i do have a problem with djuced that only appears after 10-15 minutes of use.  i also only really notice it when im using new tracks as i tend not to have hot cues set.  so the problem is when i use the shift key and a deck to quickly seek through the track to the point i want.  the functionality tends to work fine at first, it stops after a few uses.  the deck still works as i can scratch and slow seek by spinning the deck to the point i want but it certainly doesnt skip through the track as fast as pressing the shift key and spinning.  ive also noticed when i try and seek when its in a faulty state that the deck will mess up a bit.  for example, if i touch the deck in vinyl mode itll just pause the music.  the play/pause button doersnt do anything and i have to touch the deck again for it to play.

im wondering if this is software rather than a hardware issue as restarting djuced fixes the problem.  it can happen on wither deck too.

i am running the latest djuced version 5.0.4 and my inpulse 300 has the latest drivers as per the hercules website. 

Hello,

1) As usual in computer music, 100% of the settings depends on the computer, so if you do not complete your profile and describe your computer, online help is not efficient for you as we cannot see your computer, so unless you describe precisely your settings and your issue, a forum is not of any use.
To complete your profile, go to "My Space"> "My Profile" https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
  - In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Inpulse 300,
  - In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Djuced
  - In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or macOS (for example Windows 10 64-bit built 1909), type of USB (USB2, USB 3), USB connection (direct or through a USB hub or through a USB-C adapter - brand and model of the USB hub and the USB-C adapter), version of DJConsole Series driver package for example 2019_HDJS_1, version number of Djuced, for example Djuced 5.0.4.

The difference between typing this information in your profile or in the forum is that in your profile it is gathered on 1 place, while in the forum it will be among other messages.

2) The fast browsing command on the jog is not done with shift + turning the deck.
Fast browsing command requires to set Vinyl Off mode and turn the jog while the track is not playing.

3) That the Play stops when you touch the wheel in vinyl mode is normal, but it should restart when you release the hand for the jog wheel. If it does not restart, the 2 most likely explanations are:
a) make sure you touch the ground when using the touch detection: if you sit on chair with feet not touching the ground, or if you have ground isolating shoes or if you are on a ground isolating carpet, it is normal the touch detection is disturbed
b) A the moment you connect DJCI 300 to the computer, avoid touching the jog wheels, as it may disturb their grounding,   

Topic starter

Thanks for your reply, I've updated my profile as recommended.

I'll double check you response as per #2 however I'm pretty sure I've been fast browsing with the vinyl mode enabled as I typically have no need to switch this off.  That being said, when the jogwheel is messing me around I have tried with vinyl mode on and off and I don't get my fast browse functionality back.  The issue only seems to occur on on of the jogwheels and it'll be random which one will become an issue.  When I restart DJUCED everything goes back to how it should be.

I agree with your point in #3 however once this 'issue' arises, the track does not restart upon release.  I will check I'm grounded at all times. Usually my position is the same throughout a mix but I'll be more aware of this next time. This is new knowledge for me thanks 🙂

Thanks for your time

Hello DJY,

1) In viny mode, Shift + rotating the jog wheel by the ring of the jog wheel (not by the top of the jog) makes beat jump, which you can consider as a fast browsing.

2) Indeed, after doing Shift+rotating the jog wheel in vinyl mode, the playback may remain locked as if an invisible hand was touching the jog, and touching again the jog releases the playback: you have found a software bug, so I ask Djuced team to correct the bug.

Topic starter

2) Indeed, after doing Shift+rotating the jog wheel in vinyl mode makes the jog wheel remains as locked in touch mode: there is  a mistake in the MIDI command there so I ask Djuced team to check their built.

That's exactly what happens with me as well. Thanks for the info.

Hello DJY and Sityi,

Please install on you computer 
1) DJControl Inpulse 300 drivers 2020_HDJS_1, available here, to  update the firmware of your DJControl Inpulse 300 to firmware 1.72,
2) Djuced version 5.0.5, available here,
as it should have solved your issue.

Topic starter

Thanks.  Updated both DJUCED and the firmware. So far I'm yet to experience the issue since upgrading. 

Topic starter

Second this. Yesterday I've been playing around and it has not happened. Usually it would have before the update during such a long session. So apparently it has been fixed, thanks!