Notifications
Clear all

mapping inpulse 200

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi!

im trying to remap the inpulse 200 i recently purchased by importing the xml of the mapping i created on virtualdj.
however i get the following error message - "xml file does not correspond to the currently selected device!"
any idea what the problem may be?  

edit - im on the latest macos 10.15

ed

Hello Ambr,

Welcome on the forum.
VirtualDJ mapping is based on 2 XML files
- 1 XML is the property file, a descriptor, and is hidden somewhere in VirtualDJ (it used to be visible up to VirtualDJ 7 in a Devices folder)
- 1 XML is a mapper file in the Mappers folder.

If the header of the mapper file does not match the descriptor, you get the message you have seen, so you must keep unchanged the beginning of your mapper file, to match the property file you do not see.

Topic starter

Thanks! Although I did not change the beginning of the mapper file, at least not intentionally.. So what should I do to make sure the header of the mapper file is the same as the property file if I can't see it?

Hello,

In my opinion, you should start from VirtualDJ standard mapper file (you generate it in making 1 change in VirtualDJ mapping menu for DJControl Inpulse 200: the mapping file will appear in the Mapper folder).
Then you edit the settings 1 by 1, and you should always keep a back up in case a mapper file becomes defective.

VirtualDJ mapping format is not made for a text editor, it should be edited in VirtualDJ mapper menu, and if you keep it that way, there is no risk of getting a map you cannot read.

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work for me.
I started from scratch, and made just one change to the mapper through the VirtualDJ interface, and saved. When I tried to import it to DJuced, I got the exact same error message.
Here's what I did, just in case I am missing something:
https://streamable.com/eusl8x

Topic starter

So uhh.. this is it?
I heard a few other complaints online about how you give up on helping your clients with no explanation, was hoping they were wrong. Guess not.. 

Topic starter

Do I understand correctly that you want to import a VirtualDJ MIDI mapping XML file to Djuced? Becuase I highly doubt it is possible, since these are two different software with different capabilities, functions, and so on. If you would like to remap your controller for Djuced, you need to do it in Djuced - or edit a copy of the xml file produced by Djuced.

Ambr,

I wonder what I am supposed to understand with your last 2 messages.

1) This is a user forum, it is neither VirtualDJ nor Hercules technical support.
- if you look for VirtualDJ tech support, it is on  https://www.virtualdj.com/help/
- if you look for Hercules tech support, it is on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/
The "few other complaints online" if they are anonymous comments, deserve as much consideration as any anynomous contents: the dogs bark but the caravan goes on. With covid-19 lockdown, I could not get access to a DJControl Inpulse 200 unit since 13/05, my next access to this controller will be tomorrow 19/05, but reading the tone of your message of 18/05 makes me believe my first mistake was to try to answer before. 

2) I wonder what you expect when importing a VirtualDJ mapping file in Djuced: Djuced is not based on VirtualDJ, so VirtualDJ mapping file cannot fit with Djuced (most DJ software use xml format for mapping, as djay Pro or Mixxx, but each requires its own XML mapping), it would be suprising if Djuced could import a VirtualDJ mapping file, and more suprising if this mapping file worked.
On my side, if I change any setting in a VirtualDJ mapping, whatever the controller, I can still import the mapping file afterwards in VirtualDJ. I did not get any an error message when importing in VirtualDJ a mapping file saved by VirtualDJ.

3) Djuced has no mapping menu but if you can type a clear message saying precisely which function you want to map on which key of DJControl Inpulse 200, I can ask to Djuced team if they can adapt a mapping. 

Topic starter

Sorry, I was under the impression you work for Hercules. If you are not affiliated with them I apologize. I tried contacting Hercules through their support page about 10 days ago but they did not get back to me at all.

I'm not necessarily trying to import a mapper file from VirtualDJ, it's just that it's the only way I could find to re-map the buttons on my Inpulse 200. I understad that it is not possible to re-map keys directly through the Djuced interface.

Basically, my goal is to have a dedicated mids knob. I could do this in VitrualDJ, but I'd like to have it on Djuced.
What I did in VirtualDJ is to replace the filter knob which I don't need with the lows knob, add a mids knob instead of the lows and have the highs control only the highs (instead of high+mids as it is by default in Djuced).

Topic starter

Here are the default .xml files Djuced is using for Inpulse 200:

You need to look up what is what in the MIDI mapping guide which you can download from Hercules support site and edit accordingly.

Hi Ambr,

Here on  https://we.tl/t-NliI9eKkaC
you have a DJControl Inpulse 200 mapping for Djuced with

• Medium control on LOW knobs
  • Low control on Shift+LOW knobs

The file will remain online for 1 week.