suggestions for upc...

Notifications
Clear all

suggestions for upcoming djuced 4.1

23 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i like djuced. there are just a few bugs to fix and some functions to implement, i would appreciate to see in the upcoming update. so i allow me to write down some proposals. maybe the hercules crew is interested in it:

1. consistency tool for the songbibliothek is urgently needed, so you can find missing, renamed and added songs and keep the bibliothek up to date

2. i got about 12.000 songs on my hdd in app. 25 folders. after importing the first 5 or 6 folders everything worked fine, when i deleted songs from songbibliothek or renamed them (in djuced). after importing all my songs there seemed to be a problem. renaming or deleting songfiles does not work anymore. i guess it depends on the size of the database "djuced.db". as it had a size of 20 to 30 mb there was no problem. but after importing all my songs the db-file size exeeds 100 mb and the problem started.

3. i configured six effects and changed the standard assignment, to deck 1 and 3 for the three effects on the left side ond 2 and 4 for the effects on the right side, so that all effects are assigned to deck 1 and 2. everything worked fine so far. but after restarting djuced the program "forgot" my assignment and changed back to the standard of 1/3 and 2/4. thats not good.

4. playlists are easy to setup and to add songs. also sorting the order of the songs in the playlist is easy. but...when starting this playlist as automix, the songs are played in a will-less order. and also adding songs to the playlist or changing the order during mixing is completely ignored ba the automix function. that foils the purpose of automixing...

5. browsing the song bibliothek or playlists, especially when they are a bit larger, would be more comfortable when there is an option for speedbrowsing. if i use my hercules controller with traktor pro 3 i can use the right jogwheel for really fast browsing. sometimes copying from a competitor could be an option... 😉

but i guess and hope, all of the points mentiond above are already on the to-do-list of your programmer, arent they? 😉

by the way..i tried a traktor controller with the traktor pro and was disappointed because of the (for me!) not agreeable haptic. so my next controller surely will be a hercules...and therefor i hope djuced will be enhanced... 🙂

Topic starter

Hello RPS!

I followed your message to the DJUCED team as a beta tester, and they want to thank you for all these top inputs.

I'll respond to you point by point.

1. This tool will be in the 4.1, it's still under test.

2. Ok, I'll try to reproduce that, thanks for the info. Even if my database size is similar to yours.

3. You're right, I'll report that.

4. Some improvements will be done on the automix in the upcoming versions.

5. Good idea! I think it's just to find a good mapping.

Thanks again for theses good inputs!

Topic starter

Thank you for your feedback, Victo! 
I'm looking forward to the upcoming version of Djuced... 

Topic starter

I am new to hercules coming from Virtual DJ and Pioneer , but i liked the ability to be able to do things faster, with my board and have more creative samples and loops something that lacks much in vdj.

There are many problems I would like to see fixed, I now own the Universal DJ controller because of size, i can throw my gear in a backpack and go play.

I installed the CD and the first problem is that the CD looks for update and decides that djuced 40  4.6.9 build is the latest version, I did not check the website, trusting the install.  After install things worked fast, and I also checked for updates and said was the latest inside the software so I began setup.
1. The samples only control from the interface  1 - 4  , 5-8 are not mapped and mapping the fx and loops are not user friendly, didnt figure it out.
2. Then I started loading my library  33,800 songs, and started making playlists.  Still importing and anaylizing after 2 days.
I stopped the program thinking it would restart were it left off no, so now I start all over again.
3. Installed the new version djuced version 4.0  and none of my playlists or libraries are there, now I am not sure what i want to do, and I am worried i made the wrong choice, maybe i should go back to virtual dj and use this controller or my pioneer?
4. New version is wow a big interface change and the universal dj controller is not mapped well, for fx, and loops does not change the screen to the loops and i don't see fx  section.. to control or map, and then there is that big bummer my libraries from the previous version is not there and my playlists are also not there, and then i have to import them and hope they stay then what about the next update  oh wow virtual dj does not have this problem.. but i like so far djuced seems faster and easier to mix.
5. The layout is so big and leaves for your library so small on a 14" or 15" laptop screen this is not nice.. not sure how to resize all the sections..  or if it is possible.
If you can fix these things or give me solutions, I will happily beta 4.1 . I searched the board for things like this but did not find a solution yet.  Thanks

Hello sirrix,

Thank you for your message. 
Let's focus on Djuced 4.0.9  (and not the older Djuced 40 1.6.9 on the installation CD).

0) Djuced 4 user manual
The user manual is here:  https://www.djuced.com/user-manual/

1) About sampler slots
I do not know if you still see empty slots in Djuced 4 but let's imagine you have empty slots, then you can browser in Library > Sampler and:
- either you go in Sample Packs, you take a Sample Pack, drag it on the sample deck, and you replace the full list of samples,
- or you go the All Samples, you select the sample you want, and you drag it 1 by 1 in the 8 samples slots of the sampler deck,

If you want more samples, you can download free sample packs on  https://www.djuced.com/sample-packs/ . To import a sample pack in Djuced, you can drag it & drop it into Djuced browser > Library > Sample pack or you can smply double click on the sample pack in Windows or Mac.

3) About the library
"Installed the new version djuced version 4.0  and none of my playlists or libraries are there"

The imported tracks must be re-imported to be analyzed as Djuced 4 analysis process is different from Djuced 40 1.6.9.
In the old Djuced, the tracks information were stored in a separate xml file : it was the way DJ software worked a few years ago.

In the new Djuced, the track information is stored in each track file, so that when you load the track in another modern DJ software, the BPM and key analyzis are instantly tagged in the other DJ software (you can of course re-analyze it in another DJ software to replace the previous tags). 

The playlists can be imported from Djuced 40 1.6.9, if you drag & drop the  M3U playlists from C:\Users\UserName\Documents\DJUCED 40\Playlist into Djuced 4 browser > Playlist area,
but you must retype the name of the playlist.

4) About the layout look
I agree the new version is very different:
- Loops: Pad 1 = 1/16 beat / Pad 2 = 1/8 beat / Pad 3 = 1/4 beat / Pad 4 = 1/2 beat / pad 5 = 1 beat / pad 6 = 2 beats / Pad 7 = 4 beats / Pad 8 = 8 beats
When you activate a loop, you see it blue lighted on the waveform display
- Fx: Pad 1 = activate/disable Fx1 / Pad 2 = activate/disable Fx2 / Pad 3 = activate/disable Fx3 / Pad 4 = activate/disable MacroFx
To display the Fx rack, select FX in the top bar

5) About the layout size
Djuced top bar has an area where you select what you display.

If you want to display everything, of course the browser area may become small, but:
- if you have a DJ controller, you no longer need to display the  mixer,
- once you have assigned the FX, you no longer need to display the FX,
- and in my use, displaying the samples is just used to drag samples from the browser & drop them in the 8 samples slots, once I  know which sample I have, and once I have set whether I play then  in loop on in jingle, I stop displaying the sampler.
Do you find it so big here?

Topic starter

Thanks you were mostly helpful.... 

in response to #1)  i see the slots they are all loaded from the sample packs, the new version you have to go to another page to see them all, because there is the new play with hot cue.. etc   this is too large in height i think should be able to resize , but anyway the problem is not being able to replace samples, well now i can only see 8 of them at a time, my brand new controllere the universal dj, only fires #1-4 #5-8 is not mapped or something wrong, where as in the djuced 40, you can fire all 8

in response to #2) ok i think i can wait another week (24 hours *7) to reload all my songs and re-anaylze as of  7am this morning, i am no 700 of 35,000 still loading in and anyalizing.. wow.. i hope future versions keep our playlists and libraries

in response to #3 ) you answer it.. but why so slow ?  virtual dj, can do it in 8 hours or less..  maybe work on that part and upgrade path

in response to #4 I understand it but it is more about the height of the new sections, and I prefer to see everything so I know that the controller if firing off easier and also if i need to do some things with the mouse my controller does not handle..   .. which would be this new section you have hot roll, slicer, beat jump, loop etc.. waste to much real estate..  i dont take my external monitor to a gig

in response to #5) i answered above in #4 mostly..  I do find this bigger and leaves the the music folders small, need glasses to see it now and I am not that old.   i think the problem is the new section  you introducced with hot roll, is too tall, and not compact enough so all the samples 16 of them do not show on screen..  and if you are using different samples for different song types need to see what you are triggering..

i forgot one thing 6) the filter -... my controller does not fire it .. i know it is hard to make this work for all controllers but would be nice to beable to control it

so now it is 13 hours only 700 of 35,000 songs anaylized i cant really get into mixing exect demo stuff until 7 more days and the anyalizing is finished..  

that said I like the new version better so far.. but I am new to both..  i guess the majority is about screen real estate ..  and being abe to reszie the height of some sections may help people that would mean that if you resize the elements in the section would also resize,   also the reimporting playlists and libraries should never happen again on a update..  also one user above mentioned the library bug removing or re-locating a song..  the  last thing is being able to do music videos.. i still have to use virtual dj for that .. but music videos mixing is becoming popular ...  virtual dj allows you to place your video screen on another monitor (for example projector) so they see the music video or the music effect)  

Hello Sirrix,

Thank you for your fast answer.

1) Sampler slots
I cannot duplicate the issue you mention: if I have 8 samples in the sample slots 1 to 8, then on Universal DJ, I can play any of the 8 samples when I set the pads in Sample mode (Sample button gets a green backlight) and when I press on the buttons 1 to 8.
The Sample racks operate as 4 players, so you can play 1 sample at a time on each column.
If the Quantize function is engaged (Q button on the screen in blue), then the samples must wait for the beatgrid to start playing / if the Quantize function is off (Q button on the screen in black), the sample playback starts immediately.
If you want to display another number than 8 samples per sample deck, click on the down arrow on the right side of the sample number (4, 8, 16).

2 & 3) Time needed to analyze the tracks
The time you need to analyze the tracks sounds extremely long in my opinion. I remember analyzing 12,000 tracks in less than 2 days, so if if it is very long on your PC, you should check your PC has no background task consuming CPU or grabbing RAM and slowing down the track analysis process and your disk transfer rate is fast enough.
If your tracks are stored on a slow external hard disk, and you also have for other task another much faster hard disk (either internal or external), you can try the following process:
- copy tracks on the fast disk,
- analyze the tracks on the fast disk,
- then move the analyzed tracks on the slow disk,
- and build your playlists from the slow disk.

4 &5) Decks height>
OK, I understand your message and I forward it to Djuced team.

6) Filter
To control the deck filter, set the pads in Cue Mode, and Universal DJ Shift + rotary encoder controls the deck Filter.

1) About sampler slots
Topic starter

Thanks   
some reason now the samples play in 5-8  maybe needed a restart 
time  should be about 2 days for 10,000  yes  long  . i guess i wait to see so i can see if this program is for me.
thanks for the help and submissions

Topic starter

so on my 14-15 inch laptop the new version  DJuced 4  you cannot see anything for the library  with or without sampler view..  

Like I said I wont be hauling my external 30" monitor to gigs...   https://ibb.co/6m3DbYd   (no sampler view enabled)  I can see library

https://ibb.co/0CbytrD   with sampler in view..   which i want to use the sampler at times, makes mixing hard because cant see library

the version  dJuced 40  I can see everything,   

I tried on 15.4 laptop and is similar problem.  and we are dj's not taking a big monitor to a gig... 

the problem is the new area see first attachment
I would be happy to beta test 4.1 if you can correct the problem or allow resizing of these areas.  I think a simple new layout for 14-15 inch laptops with these sections  *also note i only have 2 decks, then mixer should only show deck 1 and 2 right ?
I attached and Idea second attachment   notice also in the new area on version 4, you have the waveform again, taking up real estate, also missing important stuff is headphone cue enabled ?  volumes ?  headphone volume, cue/mix/ and other things.. so i added those at the top of mixer.  this gives you more information you need so you don't have to check your deck and some decks dont show headphone or cue mix volumes..  so i nice and auto was missing , slip and cup is also missing..     so i resized the middle sections,  so the height is not so high giving more room on a 14, and 15 inch laptops.     can you make a new layout and send me or let me beta please ?  otherwise i have to use the old version until you fix this new version

Hello Sirrix,

Thank you for your message.
Please let me know your display resolution.

Topic starter

thanks the recommended also the highest on my laptop is 1366x768
do you like my idea about the height, there is a lot of stuff in the hot cue area that can be spread out on one or two lines, the duplicate tracks above removed also the sampler is about 3 lines tall you can condense to 1 or 2 and this should save enough to see the library also being able to adjust the hieght of the tracks playing would be nice.. 

Hello,

1) From what I heard of Djuced team, next beta Djuced 4.1 has no major change in graphic user interface, so it is not in this version you should expect the change you ask for.
2) But I agree Djuced display on 1366x768 screen is limited, so I will push for a solution and I let you know if I have news.

Topic starter

Yes  an most laptops have his unless you have a 17in
thats a bummer..  cause to me it seems like a layout issue..simple fix
thanks  i look forward to it, meanwhile im stuck with dejuced 40 or vitural dj

Hello,

I understood your point and if I find a workaround, I let you know.
And I have reported your issue to Djuced team.

Topic starter

Thanks  any updates maybe they develop a skin layout for smaller skins, I await eagerly

Topic starter

you know I am not happy with djuced40 I want to learn on the latest, when I purchased this as a replacement for my pioneer I thought I would hae some software that is compatible for its features like pioneer's rekordbox .

I don't have that, so please ask your team at Herucles for a full refund of my purchase, the place I purchased locally won't take it back, is a small shop, so I am stuck with a brick paper weight.

I wish you would of addressed this quicker and have a fix for 14 inch screens, many also use 13 inch on macbooks so you have real problem to fix I hope some day

Topic starter

Hi
I am surprised no one answers and all my tech support goes unanswered.  As you seen in my modified screenshot this solution would work freeing up empty screen real estate 

I have two popular youtube channels, at this point I am ready to make some very very unpositive reviews. I have downloaded screenshots

Recommended system requirements
2.5 GHz Intel Core i3 and superior
64-Bit OS
8 GB RAM
Screen resolution: 1280×800
SSD Hard Drive
Well no matter what resolution I put on my ultrabook 14 in or a 13 in even recommened your software is broken and you fail to fix it. 
I hope all other dj's considering moving from Pioneer to Hercules read this and decide against wasting time and money until you fix things.

Hello,

1) To make things clear, please be aware that the forum is not Hercules tech support, it is a community area: 
Hercules tech support website is on https://support.hercules.com
Hercules tech support messaging is on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/
Hercules phone tech support phone numbers are on  https://support.hercules.com/en/contact-en/ , for Germany the phone number is 08000001445

2) I already answered to your questions in this forum:
- your display resolution of 1280x800 is too small to display at the same time all the areas (FX, Sampler, Mixer) and keep on seeing a long  portion of the long track library,
- to display a long portion of the track library in Djuced 4, you should not display the FX or the sampler or the mixer in Djuced 4 if the display height is below 900 pixels

3) Regarding other DJ software and how they are displayed on 1280x800 screens
- your Universal DJ controller includes Djuced 40. Djuced 40 can display the FX and mixer and 16 samples (8 per deck) with a significant space left to display the track library in 1280x800, so if you do not want to hide the FX module or the mixer module or the sampler, you can use Djuced 40 for the moment, as Djuced 40 was developped with Universal DJ.

- If you want to display the sampler + the FX + the mixer, yes, on a 1280x800 monitor, the track display is too small

Your mentionned Rekordbox, here is a screenshot of Rekordbox in 1280x830 when displaying the mixer, the FX and 16 sampler slot, so unless you accept to hide the FX or the Sampler or the Mixer module, your computer display is also too small for Rekordbox.

4) I understand you would prefer getting a more comfortable display of the track list on Djuced 4 on your 1280x800 screen, but
- your issue in Djuced 4 is reported to Djuced team and taken into account, but it will not be changed in Djuced 4 in a snap, it requires redesigning the app, as Djuced 4 does not use skins, so it will be improved, but not in december or january or march,
- if you consider other apps, I remind you the display is OK in Djuced 40 in 1280x800 display both FX, Mixer and Sampler modules, and Djuced 40 was delivered with the controller, so calling Universal DJ "a brick paper weight" while it works OK with Djuced 40 software is not true.

5) Regarding your threat of "very very unpositive reviews", it is up to you, but if your Universal DJ replaced a Pioneer gear, you know that: 1/ Rekordbox display modules are similar to Djuced, and Rekordbox will not release a fix as it is not a bug - 2/ If you had posted the same first messages on Pioneer forum, I am not sure you would have received an answer as fast and precise as mine - 3/ If you had posted this threat on Pioneer forum, your account may have been banned as when you register on their forum" You agree that we may at any time, and at our sole discretion, terminate your account without prior notice to you and without reimbursement if we suspect a violation any of these Terms of Use.".
I am indignant with your message: 1/, because you believe blackmail is legitimate, 2/ because you do not consider my help, 3/ because you do not take responsibility of your own choices (it is YOUR choice to display all modules in spite of the low resolution of your screen, YOUR choice to use Djuced 4 instead of Djuced 40, so DJuced team are not responsible for your choice)

6) About a "Fix"
Djuced 4 does not need a "Fix" for you personal issue as this display is not a bug:
- laptops users, when their resolution display is low, are used to display only some modules in any complex each app to display on the screen the most needed information. My personal laptop has a 1366x768 display, so I do not display all modules in Traktor Pro 3, or in Ableton Live 10, or in Logic Pro X either.
- Laptops screen resolution is independant from the screen size, even 13" screen can have high resolutions as 1920x1080,
- Anyway, Djuced team will work to improve the display on small screens, but it is not a 1-week job, and they will not release a new version just for you, they will release a version for all users, so it requires a long process and I cannot give you a precise schedule for the moment.

Topic starter

Thanks Sorry I was upset no one was addressing all my concerns, I have no replies from support since I purchased the hardware.  I will see what I can do to get higher resolution or change what I display thanks for your help. My 14" laptop only does 1366x768  
I understand now you can't make skins, I thought was a simple fix ok, then I look forward to updates would be happy to test it.

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

1) Please confirm if you have asked for help to Hercules technical support. If you did via email or hotline, please accept my invitation on
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/  and send me, via the private messaging system 
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/messages/ , the email address you used for technical support so that I check where is your request.

2) If your laptop display is just 1366x768, I see how it looks on my laptop screen. The older Djuced version had skins, but skins were removed from Djuced 6 or 7 years ago to do rescaling instead of several skins.
I talked with Djuced teams of display on low resolution screens, they take it into account and they consider integrating visual features which improve the visual experience on small display, but an update will not be released fast. I keep you informed when I have news.

Topic starter

I did it throught the support system and sent an email several times. I will message you thanks.

Topic starter

Hi any updates, I still don't get support.  I am using virtualdj but I want to use your software maybe is a way , is there updates that fix things ?

Topic starter

Hi  I know someone must be following, here what is the update  I sill cannot use my software ?

Hello,

I guess you will receive an answer from the technical support as we talked about you.
For low resolution displays as 1366x768, Djuced 5 has an extended browser you can enter/leave in pressing on space bar to switch between the  complete display you want to use with decks + mixer and the library.

Page 1 / 2