Notifications
Clear all

hercules 4mx not detected with vdj

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all

i just picked up a bargain of the day... hercules 4mx only  a moth old... installed the driver for the controller.. no problems, istalled virtual dj, connected the controller opened up virtual dj and not showing up in mappers :/. can someone help me? i would love to bang out some mixes again and especially as i hook up my cdjs to the controller too. i will wait for any help here will be gladly appreciated..

many thanks

Hello Vortex,

1) Please precise
- your version of DJ Console 4-Mx drivers (2018_HDJS_3?)
- your version of Windows
- and if, when you run the control panel, at the about tab, you can read everything:
(Package, Firmware and driver version as below)

2) Please precise which version of VirtualDJ you have installed, for example VirtualDJ Pro V8.3 4720.
- If you installed VirtualDJ Home, it cannot be controlled by DJ Console 4-Mx as VirtualDJ Home cannot detect DJ controllers.
- If you have installed VirtualDJ Pro 8, do you mean that when you go in the VirtualDJ> Settings > Controller, VirtualDJ proposes no Hercules DJConsole 4-Mx in the list of mappings as below?

Topic starter

hi..

i have the latest drivers for the controller ...downloaded from hercules website..

i'm running windows 10 x64

i have cue dj software as that has never failed me with my other controller which gets picked up "hercules RMX" with no problems..

all i know is that my dj software cue cannot find the mapping files for my hercules 4mx, and if i can obtain this then my controller will work accordingly as it should . to be fair i dont like the new vdj 8 version as i prefer the older and more reliable software for all my gigs as i know i can work with it and it can work with my equipment nicely except with no mappers information inculded i cannot use my hercules 4mx  as  i wish.

i hope i have given adequite information and hope that maybe there is a mapper for my software so i can use my controller..
i will await for any replies

thank you

Hello Vortex,

Have you tried loading a DJ Console 4-M map made for VirtualDJ in Cue software?
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=4-Mx