dj control instict:...

Notifications
Clear all

dj control instict: controller working fine but no sound come from the connected speaker or headphone

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey, i have a hercules dj contrl instict and i use it with traktor pro 2 in my windows 10.  
ive used it for a while with no problem at all.

then, all of a sudden, both jacks stopped working. all of the buttons and functions work just fine, but as i connect a speaker/headphone to the controller, no sound came out. if i connect the same speaker to the computer, it works. but then im not able to cue with the headphone.

ive been using it without a headphone cue for a while, but it really sucks. i already tried unistalling and installing the drivers, i went through a lot of posts searching for a solution for the problem, but nothing worked.

can anyone please help? 

Hello nuutxer,

1) As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"

http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/

You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Instinct,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Traktor,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (for example driver package 2016_HDJS_1), version of DJ software (for example Traktor Pro version 2.11).
Your must provide a complete information on your computer configuration and software setting to get a technical guidance, and this section of the profile is made to
gather all the technical info.

2) In my opinion, you should:
a) Read the guidelines here: Optimize Your Windows computer for DJing
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/blog/tech-tips/optimize-your-windows-computer-for-djing/
b) Make sure you have disabled the Windows presset made to save energy on the USB
This preset is set on by default, and it may disconnect the DJ controller on the computer.

• Right-click on My computer > Properties > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers,
  • Right-click on the first line "USB Root Hub" and click "Properties"
  • Go to the tab "Power Management", and uncheck the box "Allow computer to turn off this device to save energy"

• Click "OK" and close the dialog box
  • Repeat the same operation on each line called USB Root Hub or USB hub.

c) In Traktor Preferences, Audio Setup, select as Audio Device Hercules DJControl Instinct ASIO.

Topic starter

Sorry about that.
I just updated all my info.

I did as you said and still nothing.
I used it for like months without having any problem. All of a sudden, it just stopped working and I tried every little thing I saw online. I'm starting to think that it's hopeless πŸ™ 

Hello,

What are the audio settings?
Are they as follows:

In Traktor > Preferences > Audio Setup
- Audio Device = DJControl Instinct ASIO

In Traktor> Preferences > Output Routing
- Mixing Mode= Internal
- Output Monitor: L=3:Output 3 / R=4:Output 4
- Output Master: L=1:Output 1 / R=2:Output 2

Topic starter

Yes, they are πŸ™

Hello,

Please confirm the audio device listed in Traktor is "DJControl Instinct ASIO", not "Speakers (Hercules DJControl Instinct) (WASAPI (Shared Mode))".