Notifications
Clear all

rmx2+traktor 2+vu meter

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi there,
my question is this. i`ve noticed that when i use my rmx2 with traktor the led vu meters are lighting, only when the fader of the channel a or b is up. this is not very practical for cue-ing. is it possible the vu meters to show the gain level of the song all the time so when i cue the song to prepare it for mixing, to have a visual feed back of how loud is the song and if a change in gain is needed. what i mean is, is it possible the vu meter to act as in standart mixer, and to display the level all the time, not only when the fader is up? i`ve noticed something in the mapping that is called deck pre-fader and deck - post fader, but don`t know what exactly it is and how is working.
thank you, i hope that explained myself understandable.

Topic starter

So, as I read in the manual. When the cue button of the headphones is on, so I can listen to the trak that I`m prepareing it is showing Pre-Fader mode, and when the cue button is of, it is post fader mode for the VUs...That is OK and makes sense, but despite that....the VU meter I think is not so accurate. Because although I can hear differance in the levels of two songs, the VU meters show the same amount of LEDs...
is there a way to fine tune that?

Topic starter

Hello !
This is mapping i think.
I can see that the RMX2 Vu meter are mapped like other NI product.
But you can customize the way their work by tuning the RMX2 midi mapping.

When I had a S4, I was used to remap the bottom LED to be really "sensitive" with the Meter (so I knew i had signal there), then the other LEDs were for the "top" of the Vu Meter (So I knew when I was peaking, no more Pioneer DJ In Da Red syndrome ^^)

You should read this and watch the video, it's really helpful :
http://djtechtools.com/2013/10/27/how-to-midi-map-traktor-vu-meters-to-a-dj-controller/ 

Cheers