Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx2 with djuced delay when using decks

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
i am djing with hercules rmx2, macbook and djuced 40 using a mixture of digital and vinyl. when i use digital formats i have no problems. however when i connect decks to play vinyl at first everything is fine but  then during a record there will be a very short loss of audio output (less than a second). after that there is a noticeable delay so for instance if i lift the needle from the record you still hear sound for about 1/2 a second. over the course of a few hours of a set the problem happens three or four times and each time the latency increases. this problem happens every time i dj and makes accurate vinyl cueing impossible. do you have any advice, thanks. 

Hello,

To identify the origin of this issue, please answer the following questions.

1) When you get a very short loss of audio output
a) Does this very short loss of audio output always occurs when you use the audio inputs or does it sometimes occur, sometimes not ?
b) If this always occurs: does the short loss of audio output occurs after the same amount of time of use of the audio inputs or is the time needed to get this audio cut random?

2) Computer settings
a) Please confirm you have no USB key connected to the Mac, and the Wifi is disabled.
b) How much free hard disk space have you on your MacBook?

3) Djuced 40 settings
a) Have you tried if you get the same issue if you set the audio at 44.1 KHz (in Djuced 40 > Settings > Audio tab: Sampling Rate) or does it occur only at 96kHz?
b) If it occurs also at 44.1kHz, does the short loss of audio output occurs at the same time as when audio is set at 96kHz, or does it occur less?

4) Other DJ software
As the Rmx2 is compatible with other DJ software, and was possibly delivered with VirtualDJ LE, have you tested the Rmx2 with another DJ software as VirtualDJ Le or Pro, and do you get a similar symptom?