major crash problem

Notifications
Clear all

major crash problem

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello, i own a brand new her ules instinct. my systems is a laptop lenovo with 4gb ram and windows 10 with all drivers updated.
i an having a serious problem. the system crashed. the music keeps playing but all the controls on the console are frozen. the only solution is to restart the software.

thank you

Hello,

1) As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check the DJ controller = DJControl Instinct,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software = Djuced 18, I suppose,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (Windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit), version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of Djuced 18.

2) Please confirm
a) you have installed, with an administrator account for Windows 10:
- Djuced 18 1.0.102, available for download here,
- the driver 2016_HDJS_1, available for download here,
b) speakers & headphones are connected to DJControl Instinct.

3) Please describe if the system crashes repeatedly or crashed only once, and what occured:
- if Djuced 18 frozen or still useable with the mouse,
- are the lights on DJControl Instinct down or still lit on.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

Hi,

2. All steps confirmed

3. The system crashes repeatedly, after loading several mp3's, no matter on what deck.

What happens then is: 
- Djuced 18 seems responsive.
- The lights on DJControl Instinct that where on before the crash-Stay ON- but the console is not responsive at all, but the music keeps playing.

Also note that the same situation occured after some mixing, with both laptops.

Please let me know if i can provide any more information

Hello,

1) Identify the cause:
a) let's eliminate audio file

Try to find an audio file you can play from start to end once without any crash, and load it on both decks, play it repeatedly until you can see whether you get a crash with this audio file, or you never get a crash on this audio file.

b) Let's eliminate USB conflict
On your G550 laptop, please disconnect any other USB device (mouse, keyboard), and try to get the same crash : can you get the crash when no other device is connected or not?

2) Optimize Windows settings
Please follow all the guidelines here.
The most important is to disable Windows setting to save energy.

3) Monitor CPU & RAM usage
If Open the CPU monitor usage, as described here, let it run, and when you get a crash, please check whether at the moment of the crash there is a peak in the CPU usage.

Topic starter

1)
a)
I never get a crash. I already had this checked out.  

b) Yes the crash occurs with no other usb connected.

2) Optimize Windows settings
Windows setting to save energy is already disabled. Let me note, that at some point i left the console play a long mp3 on deck A and Deck B had another playing. This was for about 30'. Then upon trying to load another mp3 it crashed. The same can be reproduced when quickly when i load and play 8-9 mp3 continiusly.

3) Monitor CPU & RAM usage

This i can not check at this moment. but even if this is the case, what could the solution be ? I remember seeing the CPU monitoring on Djuiced being high at moments a crashed did not occur.

Hello,

1) a) Do you confirm that, if you take an MP3 file which you can play from start to end, if you keep on playing it, loading it again and again, it does not crash ?

2) can you go in C:\Users\YourName\Documents\DJUCED 18, and check if you can find a crash log file.
The name is probably as crash_data1.zip, crash_data2.zip, etc...

If you find it, please send the last crash_datax.zip file to [email protected] and give them a short explanation as

'Hi,
I use DJControl Instinct + Djuced 18 1.0.102 in Windows 10 and I meet crashes with the MIDI controls stopping while the software is not frozen.
I have reported this issue on http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-software/027309/?start=0
here is the crash log.

Best Regards'

Topic starter

1a. I can not check this.

2. There is no crash log in either laptop, even though the same crash happend on both.

After checking with the reseller in Athens he told me that he can not replace it, and that it will have to be send out for technical inspection, even though it was a 3 days old purchase... and that it could not be returned. 

Therefore the console is not with me. 

Then there is nothing we can do any longer.

Topic starter

For now no. But if they get back to me in a couple of days saying there is nothing wrong with it..then it must me sorted out.

OK, so please keep us informed.

Topic starter

Hi again,

So, regarding my issue. I was informed that the console, doesn't cooporate with windows 10..

As a result they have refunded my money with no solution in hand...

Hello,

Then there is nothing more to say.
If you have not the time to solve a minor techical problem, well, sorry you meet any problem, and that's all.

DJControl Instinct is absolutely supported in Windows 10, you can check it with the profiles of www.djuced.com users.

Anyway, good luck.