Notifications
Clear all

problem with asio driver / midi channel

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey,
i use the hercules dj instinct with traktor scratch pro 2.6.8.
everything works perfectly fine except for one thing:
i cant hear the tracks only on my headphone. the headphones work, but only if the speakers are playing as well.
i downloaded the hercules manual and i set up traktor correctly. according to the manual, i have to go into some advanced settings, but i looked everywhere and i cant find the software, i have to do this with (its shown in the screenshot below this text). i looked on the cd that came with the controller and started every kind of software, that i could find, but i didnt find it.
i even downloaded asio sig gen, but that even made it more confusing for me, because it wasnt the software i was looking for and i could only select channels 1 and 2 for the headphones, but they have to be 3 and 4 dont they?
i would appreciate some help a lot.
thanks in advance 🙂

Hello,

1)  Please describe technically your problem.
"I can't hear the tracks only on my headphone. the headphones work, but only if the speakers are playing as well." What does it mean?
Do you mean

• that you start hearing a track in the headphones only at the moment you move the crossfader to hear the deck for which the preview button is activated?
    • In DJControl Instinct control panel, in the Advanced tab, make sure the Headphones channels are set on 3&4.

=> In Traktor settings > Output routing, make sure you have set as described in Hercules pdf manual for Traktor,

• Mixing mode: Internal
    • Output Monitor: L: Output 3 / R: Output 4
    • Output Master : L: Output 1 / R: Output 2
    •  
  • Or do you mean something else, then please explain what you mean.

2) What is connected to DJControl Instinct audio outputs? Are

• the speakers connected to the mix output of DJControl Instinct (on DJControl Instinct rear panel)
  • the headphones connected to DJControl Instinct headphones output(on DJControl Instinct front panel)- the speakers connected to DJControl Instinct speakers output (on DJControl Instinct rear panel)?

3) I do not know why you install a test program as ASIO Sig Gen: you should not install such test program prior to knowing what they do, since if you make a mistake with this type of software, it may damage your Windows audio drivers.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

4) If you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJControl Instinct
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Traktor,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows (
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10?), version of drivers from DJControl Instinct (Is it the last driver, made for Windows 10, 2016_HDJS_1 you can download here, on Hercules support website https://support.hercules.com) .

Topic starter

First of all thanks you a lot for the quick reply 🙂
1) Yes, i hear a track in the headphones only when I'm moving the crossfader. According to Traktor, the cue buttons are activated, but it doesn't have any impact. So when I move the crossfader, I can hear the track in the speakers and in the headphones at the same time.
The settings in Traktor were like you and the manual showed me all the time.
I still can't find the DJControl Instinct settings.
2) The speakers are connected to the aux on the rear side of the Dj Control instinct Ipeakers output. The headphones are connected to the headphones output.
3) I did this because in another post here, someone had a problem that was a bit similar to mine, so I thought I'd try it.
4) Ok thanks for telling me, I'll do that now.
PC:
Lenovo ThinkPad T520
Intel Core i5 CPU
2,4 GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 professional 64-bit 2009

I have the last driver.

Hi,

If you have installed the driver package 2016_HDJS_1, the DJControl Instinct control panel is installed in your computer
- Go in C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series, and run the program called HDJSeriesCPL.exe
- there is also a shortcut of the DJ control panel installed in the notification area of your computer
(if you do not see it, see on here how to see icons in the notification area, the Hercules DJ Series control panel is DJHERCULESMIX Series TrayAgent, the icon is a vinyl disc with the letters DJ).

In the Hercules DJ control panel, go in the Advanced tab and make sure the Headphones channel are 3-4.

Topic starter

I found it but it won't open 🙁 When I double click on it, nothing happens... I also tried to open it as an administrator but still, nothing happened... any idea what could cause that?

Topic starter

By the way, on the shortcut, there's a red cross... do you think that may have something to do with the problem?

Please try reinstalling the latest drivers, following this procedure:

Once done, if the red X is still present, please verify in Device Manager which of the component is not installed correctly, as described in this document:

Topic starter

I managed to change the settings in the control panel, but nothing changed.
Is it possible, that I changed something when I installed ASIO Sig Gen? There I could only choose channels 1 and 2 for the headphones... nothing else was possible. If yes, how can I change it back to normal?

ASIOSInGen is a simple test application that can be used to test the outputs of your audio interface without having to go through the complicated setup of DJ software, but it does not interfere with your drivers.

Now that the drivers seem to the installed properly, can you try it again ?

1) Before launching it, be sure Traktor or other applications susceptible of using the ASIO driver are closed.

2) Upon launching ASIOSinGen, configure as follow:

- Select ASIO driver:

Obviously choose the DJ Instict ASIO driver

- Select Device Output:

There you should be able to select either Output 1-2 or Output 3-4.   Is that the case ? 

If so, then clicking the various buttons should send audio through either the main output or the headphone output.

Topic starter

I can now select 3/4 in AsioSinGen, but after I close it, it's still the same with traktor. I can only hear the track in my headphone, if the fader makes it play on the speakers as well. A weird thing I noticed is, that the cue buttons don't seem to have an impact. That means, that if I have headphones plugged into the headphone plug and the faders set the track to be played on the speakers, I can hear it in the headphones, no matter if the cue buttons are activated. All the settings with the driver and Traktor are right...
Another weird thing I noticed is, that when I open AsioSinGen again, the channels are set on 1/2 again and no matter how often I change it and listen to test sounds, it always goes back to 1/2.

Hello Yoyoyo,

I had not answered earlier as I cannot understand why, instead of describing your settings in a clear way, for example with screenshots of
- Hercules control panel for Instinct
- Windows menus (Windows > Control panel > Sound > Playback > Configure)
- Traktor Pro settings: Audio and Outputs
so that we can understand what you do,
you continuously come back to AsioSinGen.

1) What is it use of AsioSinGen for your computer or for Traktor: what do you want to do with it?
Why don't you simply stop using AsioSinGen?

2) If you want to use Traktor, then please
1) stop using this AsioSinGen, uninstall it
2) Reinstall DJControl Instinct drivers, as obviously AsioSinGen has interfered with it,
3) Then try using Traktor WITHOUT ASIOSINGEN ON YOUR COMPUTER,
4) if you have a problem with Traktor, describe your settings clearly and simply,
5) precise why you do not use Instinct in Wasapi mode,
5) and use line breaks to make your message as readable as possible.