latency issues usin...

Notifications
Clear all

latency issues using decks with rmx2

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi i have an rmx2 running djuced 3.1.2 on a macbook pro (el capitan 10.11.4.) ive only revcently started using decks through the rmx2 and have noticed that sometimes i get a half sec delay from taking a action such as lifting the needle to hearing the music stop.  i have read that this can be negated by altering a latency setting but i cannot find this ssetting. i have looked in the djuced settings, the rmx2 control panel and the mac prefs. can someone please point me to this latency setting please,

thanks very much in advance, 

Hello,

As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile":
you have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller, DJConsole Rmx2
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software, Djuced 40
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package, version of DJ software.

If it is a latency setting, it should not be sometimes, but always.
To make sure your Mac operates with optimal settings:
- switch off the Wifi on the Mac,
- analyze your tracks prior to mixing them (if the computer is analyzing the track while you do other action, the CPU ressources may not be available at the moment you do the action you mention)
- copy your audio tracks on a hard disk (do no use a USB key to store your music: USB key have a slower wrtining access time than hard drives, so the computer may become slow if you let a USB key connected).

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

Thanks for your reply. I have entered all of the details requested into my profile. Just to clarify that the latency issue only happens when playing decks through the RMX2. It does not affect digital tracks. I have optimised my system by switching off wi-fi, screen savers, etc and that does seem to have helped. i would still like to know where I can adjust Latency setting if you are able to point me to where that is eiher in my Mac prefs, DJuced settings ot RMX2 control panel,
Thank you,

Hello,

Feeling more latency from external sources connected to DJCRmx2 inputs 1-2 and 3-4 than from computer audio tracks is normal as the sound from external sources requires an additional process (record the external audio streaming) before the playback and mix process of digital audio tracks.

To reduce the latency when playing external sources: in Djuced 40, go in Config > Audio and set the sampling rate at 48000 Hz or 44100 Hz instead of 96000 Hz.

Topic starter

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Also, to save CPU time, you can:
- close background apps running in your computer,
- if your Mac has a dual graphics (Intel HD Graphics + a dedicated graphics card), set graphics mode to Higher performance before starting Djuced 40. (In Mac Preference > Energy Saver section, disable the Automatic graphics switching).

The latency setting you see the most of forum is reducing the buffer size, but it is not relevant here, it is for:
- Windows, where the ASIO buffer size has a direct impact on latency,
- Mac OS music apps supporting VST plugins (generally DAW), but Djuced has no VST plugins.