hercules rmx driver...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx drivers for mac

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

last time i tried loading the drivers for my rmx on my mac a couple of months ago it froze my computer and i had to reload everything from my time machine.

anyone else had this? was it a bug? because i want to get my rmx working on macbook as backup machine and am now a bit worried. 

Hello Charlie,

It is difficult to diagnose the issue you have met as you don't precise
- your Macbook model,
- your Mac OS version,
- your DJ Console Rmx driver package (you should describe it in My Space > My Profile > Describe your equipment).

You should try to install the last driver package (driver package 5.03 for Mac OS here) on your Mac in using an administrator account.

Topic starter

Hi, thanks for replying.

I tried instalation and no crash this time but once installed it did not recognise and the rmx just flashes, i did a video and im uploading it now on youtube heres a link. 

Topic starter

Looks like I might have to have a powered USB hub as recommended on the driver page for USB3 macs.

Hello,

I have just tested on a MacBook in 10.9.3, I didn't get the issue you meet, but the Macbook I have tested is an older MacBook Air, with USB 2 ports, not USB 3.
Can you test if connecting the Rmx on another USB port changes the scenario?

Hello,

If, on your Mac running on Mac OS 10.9.3 and if you never installed the Rmx on this Mac OS before Mac OS 10.9.2 , I have another possible explanation (as many users have their MIDI controllers not properly detected in Mac OS 10.9.3).

Connect the Rmx to the Mac
- go in Application > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup >
- on the top bar, click on Window> Show MIDI window
Do you see DJ Console Rmx in this MIDI window?
If you don't see it, in the configuration menu of this MIDI window, replace the "Default" configuration by a new configuration (save this new configuration with the name you want except Default) and let me know if you see the DJConsole Rmx appear?

Topic starter

It's 2016 and I've seen posts going back to 2008 on this. I've got mine working through a powered USB hub 3.0. Drivers installed.

If OS X system report shows the Hurcules RMX and you can see the the outputs and inputs in the sound. But Djay or Tracktor isn't seeing it and the RMX is not blinking.

Open the OS X midi app and rescan midi under scan. Then poof it works. I'll try and add this to any other posts I see about these incase others come across this.