Notifications
Clear all

dj control air with traktor 2

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all,

i recently started using the control air with traktor 2 and have been enjoying the transition from djuced and vdj.

currently im using the "hercules dj control air - basic 2 decks mapping" found on traktor bible ( http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingone.aspx?id=212 ). the site implies the tsi file ("dj_air_tp2_v212") is also available from hercules. im hoping that this is true and there might be someone else on the forum whos run into the same issue as me. 

i like the way this particular mapping works with traktor, but i dont believe it includes a way to create hot cues and navigate between them. as a work around ive been able to do this on the fly by using the mouse - for me not an ideal way to get the job accomplished.

does anyone know of a way to map the cueing function in traktor to either the keyboard or the control air? or maybe if theres an existing tsi file out there including this function ( shot in the dark ) ?

to make matters even more fun im not too familiar with custom mapping in traktor. i have minimal experience in this area so if im better off directing these questions to a traktor specific forum than just let me know.

cheers, 

Indeed, this mapping is also available fromthe support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=287&cid=10

As indicated in the included document (Page 6), when the pads are set to work in SAMPLEs mode, they will allow you to:

- Set a cue point when first pressing the pad (4 per deck).

You will know a pad as been assigned when it is lit up.

- Recall the set cue point by pressing pad again.

- Delete a set cue point by pressing SAMPLES + the pad where the cue point was set.

This should cover your basic needs for cur points.

If you want to learn more about how to configure keyboard and MIDI controllers in Traktor, the user manual is the first place you want to read (Chapters 11 and 13.21) .

www.traktorbible.com and www.djtechtools.com are also full of ressources regarding advanced MIDI configuration.

Topic starter

Thank you hugely! I had noticed that you were the one who posted the TSI to traktorbible. Was wondering if you would be the one to sort me out πŸ™‚ ... cheers!

Topic starter

Hello again ... I know this might not be the best forum to post this question in but I'm unable to find the info I require anywheres on the interweb.

As with my previous air control/traktor inquiry, I'm looking for a little direction with custom mapping a feature in Traktor so I thought I'd resurect my old thread.

Currently I have been unable to map the 'Filter' for both Deck A & B found beneath the 'Gain' dial in Traktor. For now I've just been using the mouse to activate/adjust this feature. 

Basically I'm hoping someone has been able to custom map this to the air controler using one of the lesser used buttons (pitch bend + / - maybe?) or maybe even a modifier along with one of the existing EQ dials.

I've had success with custom keyboard mappings in Traktor but I'm challenged when it comes to custom controller mappings, so I'm in need of help ... or a hint maybe ... or even if someone can point me towards the appropriate resource. 

Also, if someone has been able to map this feature to a keyboard please let me know ... not ideal but a better option than fumbling with a mouse in the dark.

Thanks again, 

Topic starter

In the meantime I've found this ...  http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2012/01/diary-of-midi-mapper-effects/ ... if it leads me down the right path I'll follow-up.

I would suggest starting with their first tutorial.

What you are trying to do with the the Filter is simple basic mapping, so start there before getting confused with too much information and conplicated functions πŸ™‚

Topic starter

just installed the traktor pro 2 on my PC. how do i install the hercules dj control air mappings on traktor. exactly what to do ?

There is a basic mapping available from the Hercules Support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=287&cid=10

It includes a document explaning how to configure TRaktor to use the DJ AIR.

Topic starter

Hey there
I've got traktor 2 working wonderfulyl with my hercules control air apart from one major pitfall.... The headphones! The cue/mix/vol are all mapped correctly but i cant seem to get a output from the headphone jack. I've tried all configs of the soundcards available in the audio preferences setup but nothing seems to work.

By the way, Thanks for the .Tsi pack on traktor bible!

Regards
Greggless 

If you've verifie that everything is set correctly as described in the document, also make sure that the headphone Volume control on the Traktor Interface is not set to 0.

Since it does not relate to the headphone volume control on the console, it needs to be set manually to an appropriate level (around 2h ).

Topic starter

Ive used the supplied map available and cant seem to get the scratch function to work with traktor pro 2 ive re installed the mapper a few times and still no luck.
Ive used the tutorial but cant seem to figure out why it doesnt work.
Do I need to customise the map if so what do I need to do?

As I recall, Scratch is not On by default, so make sure to enable the function by pressing the "CD" button (identified as number 12 - Scratch On in the document).

Topic starter

yeah ive tried this and its still not work im starting to think there could be a problem with my controller

Hello,

You can check with DJUCED 18 if the jog wheels operate both in scratch mode and in pitch bend mode. If the jog wheel operates in both modes in DJUCED 18, then the problem is linked to Traktor mapping, and if the jog wheel doesn't operate in both modes in DJUCED 18, then the problem is either a software preset in DJ Control Air, or a problem on the controller.

Topic starter

does anyone know if i have to to change the map for the air controller in traktor to work with single effects unit or will it just work with map u can download?

The mapping available from the support site is configured to use the group effect unit. If you wish to use single effets, then you will need to either modify the mapping to suite your needs, or find another mapping that includes this possibility.

In the fist case, I'd recommend reading Traktor's manual, Chapter 13.23 -Controller manager, which will give you the basic understanding of how the configuration process work (it is not as hard as it may seem if you prepare yourself well).

Topic starter

As I recall, Scratch is not On by default, so make sure to enable the function by pressing the "CD" button (identified as number 12 - Scratch On in the document).

como me pueden ayudar a poner bien la mesa dj control hercules air si kiereis poner en contacto conmingo por el email 
gracias
estoy desperada

MODERATOR NOTE: Your email adress was removed.

Don't post your email address on the forums. The last thing you want is people hassling you with email messages or adding your address to their spamming lists!

Hello Sutargi,

If you want to use DJControl Air with Traktor Pro 2, I suppose you have downloaded the zip file including the TSI from here.
The Zip file also includes a pdf file for Windows settings, AIR-TP2_Config_PC_v2_12.pdf, which shows how to set the audio for preview in Traktor Pro:

Set "Hercules DJ Control Air ASIO" as audio device

Set output 3-4 as output monitor, and output 1-2 as output master.

Topic starter

pero como lo hago no lo encuentro por ningun lado por favor ayudarme estoy desesperada
soy navata en esto si kieres me podeis ayudarme a ponerlo bien gracias
soy doy mi sykpe marta berroya arroyo de donosti

Sutargi,

If you want to use DJControl Air and if you meet a technical problem, you should
- either send an email to Hercules technical support here,
- or call on phone Hercules technical support at 901988060 if you call in Spain,
- or post a detailed technical message in the forum, which includes at least a complete description of your computer (which computer brand and model, which OPERATING SYSTEM, which DJ software version, which driver version, are you REALLY IN ASIO, as mentionned), and which says EXACTLY what you see in your software settings).

Topic starter

Hi,

Stepping in into an older post, but i'm using a control ait with traktor pro 2, and everything works fine.
But the documentatin of the midi mapping does not state info about the sync functionality:
Sometimes the sync button blinks, if i push the sync button it only syncs it temporaly.

Thx for the info 

Don't forget that Sync works according to the configuration selected in Preferences > Transport

For more details, check out the following video and of course the user manual:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209576089-Understanding-Tempo-Master-and-Sync-in-TRAKTOR-VIDEO-

Page 1 / 2