rmx2 non stop vegas mode ?

21 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hello..
rmx2 has vegas mode;
instant (and short) vegas mode

• djconsole rmx2             deck a (pitch bend minus + pitch bend plus) + deck b (pitch bend minus + pitch bend plus)
but rmx2 doesnt has "non stop vegas mode" frown
can you update the software for "non stop vegas mode" ?
i think the hercules team can do that. smile

Hello Yucell,

Not sure we may change the Rmx2 firmware for this request, but I check if we can find a software trick.

Topic starter

Hello Yucell,

Not sure we may change the Rmx2 firmware for this request, but I check if we can find a software trick.

Thanks for be interested.Embarassed
I really like this device and sometimes I want the vegas effect to continue all the time.

It would make me very happy if you could do that, thanks.

Topic starter

I still waiting you Embarassed

Hello yucelll,

Well understood but it will come after the release of drivers for Windows 11 (Windows 11 is released on October 5).

Topic starter
so i understand that the HERCULES team is working for windows 11 drivers right now. After the drivers are released, the RMX2 will now have a non-stop-vegas mode. Did I get it right?
good work.

Hello,

Not exactly: the ressource files expected to be used to run a constant Vegas are not compliant with Windows 11 guidelines, so Hercules start first and before anything else to release a Windows 10-11 driver packaga, and afterwards, once Windows 11 compliance is tested, we check for a process to run a non stop Vegas mode. 

Hello yucell,

The new Windows 10-11 driver package is online, I can now check how to perform a continuous Vegas on Rmx2.

Topic starter

Hello yucell,

The new Windows 10-11 driver package is online, I can now check how to perform a continuous Vegas on Rmx2.

Oh sorry i just saw. Okay I'm looking forward. I hope this happens.Thank you very much for your effort.

Hello Yucell,

I have sent you an invitation on  https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/
Please accept it so that I can send you a file via the private messaging of the website.

Topic starter

Hello Yucell,

I have sent you an invitation on  https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/
Please accept it so that I can send you a file via the private messaging of the website.

Okay, i did.

Topic starter

Hello Yucell,

Okay, i did.

Hello again. sorry for i keep you busy. But I did not receive a message or file?

Hello Yucell,

Thanks for the message.

We will not be able to make a continuous Vegas mode on Rmx2 in the way I had expected at start (a hardware command or a control panel command) so I had considered another process, playing a MIDI file. 
I did not send you anything since the firmware developper could not send me the Vegas scenario in MIDI format: as a result, I have to rewrite it.

Topic starter

Hello Yucell,

Thanks for the message.

We will not be able to make a continuous Vegas mode on Rmx2 in the way I had expected at start (a hardware command or a control panel command) so I had considered another process, playing a MIDI file. 
I did not send you anything since the firmware developper could not send me the Vegas scenario in MIDI format: as a result, I haveto rewrite it.

Thank you for the information. Then I'm waiting. Good luck with.

Topic starter

Hello again. Isn't it over yet?

Hello,

I cannot answer more than this.
Redesigning the vegas mode is nobody's job as it is a nice update but not a need, so its tasks (write the lights scenario, set the times, update the MIDI player to support the timer instructions, run the tests, reset the timer where it fails, etc..) must find their way in "free" time while the period is super loaded (end of year is always loaded, this year + covid + Windows 11 + apple M1 (M1 Pro) issues). Big priorities will always be first, secondary projects move from time to time when getting free time,  & remain on hold while bigger priorities are processed.

Topic starter

oo it's much harder than it looks. Okay. Thank you for answering.

Topic starter

Hello,

I cannot answer more than this.
Redesigning the vegas mode is nobody's job as it is a nice update but not a need, so its tasks (write the lights scenario, set the times, update the MIDI player to support the timer instructions, run the tests, reset the timer where it fails, etc..) must find their way in "free" time while the period is super loaded (end of year is always loaded, this year + covid + Windows 11 + apple M1 (M1 Pro) issues). Big priorities will always be first, secondary projects move from time to time when getting free time,  & remain on hold while bigger priorities are processed.

Hello again. I also deal with electronics. I know a little about C languages. What can I do about this issue? Can you provide me with the necessary resources? So maybe I can manage to do it myself. Because my device stays on 24/7. And sometimes I really want it to repeat the light effect.

Hello yucell,

If the developper who wrote the firmware of DJConsole Rmx2 could not isolate the MIDI sequence of the vegas mode, I am sure you cannot do more with the compiled firmware, and we cannot send you the source code as our licence agreement for the USB audio core does not give us the right to disclose the source code.

But on the other hand, writing a MIDI sequence to light on the LEDs is not very difficult, it just takes time.
With 

you can read the MIDI commands to light on the keys (as the MIDI in and MIDI out commands are the same : for example, if Play deck A sends the MIDI command 9x 21, then sending 9x 21 7F lights on the Play key, 9x 21 00 lights off the Play key.

you can see the
Topic starter

Oh thank you for answer, This seems more logical.
I just need to research on the internet how to send it into it and write those codes. I will read the documentation about it. When the device is not in use, it would be nice if it did light dances.

Topic starter

Hello again,
how are the studies going? I still haven't been able to and I'm stuck with it. I hope that soon this will be done by you, and I will be able to watch vegas mode at rmx2. :/

Topic starter

Hello Guys,

I think I managed to make the lights dance with Fl studio's Midi out feature. Since it is already loop feature, it dances nonstop when you click the play button in FL studio. And now I don't know how to send this .mid file to RMX2 without fl studio.

Page 1 / 2