Notifications
Clear all

need a new controller, which ones best?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

i am looking to update my current hercules controller and i would like to know which hercules controllers are best for playing in clubs, lives performances and is on djuced 40???

thanks 

Hello,

It depends on what you look for and what you like:

A) If you
- like jog wheels,
- want to be able to inject external sound devices,
- and want to be able to connect the controller directly to any public address system (without going through a mixer)
I think the best is DJConsole Rmx2 (High audio quality, 2 stereo inputs to connect 2 external sources, metal casing).

B) If you
- like to produce your own music with loops and samples,
- want to perform your music in live,
- like techno music,
- feel OK to perform without jog wheels,
I think the best for you is probably P32 DJ.

Topic starter

Hi,

i have have been looking at your A Suggestion for a while now, but wasn't sure.

So so you would say 100% this is the best out of all controllers for professional live performances use? Clubs etc?

Also would you say Serato is better than djuced 40 or is it just down to preference of the DJ?

Thanks for your advice 

Hello,

No, I would not say 100% this is the best of all controllers for professional Live performance use, since it is an opinion, not an objective fact, and your question was linked to Djuced 40.

If you did not ask Djuced 40 compatibility, I would say, among Hercules DJ controllers:
- the best for club performance with scratching is DJControl Jogvision,
- the best for mixing is DJConsole 4-Mx,
- the best for sampler and loop performance is P32DJ,
- the best for mobile DJing in events as weddings is DJConsole Rmx2.

If I do not scratch, the ideal controller is to connect 2 controllers, 1 unit of DJConsole Rmx2 + 1 unit of P32 DJ, to the computer, to control Djuced 40 with the best of both worlds:
- Rmx2 great for mixing, for animation with a high audio quality and connectivity,
- P32 DJ great for production with samples and loops.

I use a lot 4 DJ software, and I would not say one if better than the other, it depends of what I want to do:
- to scratch, I consider Serato DJ as the best DJ software, and I use it with DJControl Jogvision
- for real-time performance with sampler, Djuced 40 is for me the most rewarding DJ software with P32DJ (Live from Ableton does more, but Live is really more complicated)
- to animate parties, I am a fan of VirtualDJ Pro, as it is a good DJ software, but also good for Karaoke (there, a Rmx2 is great since its microphone input has a studio quality), also good to mix video, and I animate parties with DJConsole Rmx2 and DJConsole 4-Mx
- to record DJ mix, I use Traktor Pro as I like the audio quality of the software audio engine: I do it with DJConsole Rmx2 whose audio quality is the best of audio in DJ controllers.

Topic starter

Hello,

It depends on what you look for and what you like:

A) If you
- like jog wheels,
- want to be able to inject external sound devices,
- and want to be able to connect the controller directly to any public address system (without going through a mixer)
I think the best is DJConsole Rmx2 (High audio quality, 2 stereo inputs to connect 2 external sources, metal casing).

B) If you
- like to produce your own music with loops and samples,
- want to perform your music in live,
- like techno music,
- feel OK to perform without jog wheels,
I think the best for you is probably P32 DJ.

Isn't the RMX2 BLACK AND GOLD discontinued?Where we can find any last items???  

Topic starter

God bless Amazon.de!!!I found a HERCULES RMX2 BLACK AND GOLD there!I don't mind that this item is discontinued!!!It's great and i'm gonna keep it forever like the DJ CONSOLE MK2!!!!