hercules djcontrol ...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules djcontrol inpulse. damn background noise.

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

in our recording studio we needed a small dj console to test our songs.
we bought the hercules djcontrol inpulse 200 console on the amazon site.
when we connect the console from the speakers (presonus eris e8 + yamaha hs8) a loud background noise comes out.
we have no electrical problems, everything is wired to the "state of the art", but connecting the hercules djcontrol inpulse 200 console there is a strong background hum.

our tests:
- we changed the cables
-we changed usb port
- we tried to connect it directly to the sound card
-we tried to connect it to the "mackie big knob passive" controller
-we have always used great ts-rca cables.

but the noise in the speakers remains.
could it be a factory defect?
should i send it back?
thank you
========================
nel nostro studio di registrazione avevamo bisogno di una piccola consolle dj per testare le nostre canzoni.
abbiamo acquistato la console hercules djcontrol inpulse 200 sul sito amazon.
quando colleghiamo la console dagli altoparlanti (presonus eris e8 + yamaha hs8) esce un forte rumore di fondo.
non abbiamo problemi elettrici, tutto è cablato allo "stato dellarte", ma collegando la console hercules djcontrol inpulse 200 si avverte un forte ronzio di sottofondo.

i nostri test:
- abbiamo cambiato i cavi
-abbiamo cambiato la porta usb
- abbiamo provato a collegarlo direttamente alla scheda audio
-abbiamo provato a collegarlo al controller "mackie big knob passive"
-abbiamo sempre usato ottimi cavi ts-rca.

ma il rumore negli altoparlanti rimane.
potrebbe essere un difetto di fabbrica?
devo rimandarlo indietro?
grazie

=====================

lenovo w540 notebook
windows 10 pro
intel corei7-4930mx
20gb ram

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

1) Most common cause of background noise on USB-bus-powered audio device: noise of the computer power supply 

• To test it
    If the computer is a laptop, disconnect the computer power supply to operate on battery
    - if the noise disappears, the noise comes from the power supply,
    - if the noise does not disappear, the noise does not come from the power supply.

• To avoid it 
    Add a USB hub which has a power adapter between the computer USB port and the USB-bus-powered audio device.

2) Very common cause of background noise on audio devices: saturation 

• To test it
    On the controller: set the master volume on the controller volume knob below 50% of the travel of the volume knob, set the High (treble) knob at the central position (50% of the set High frequency potentiometer travel), set the low (Bass) knob at the central position
    On the speakers, set the volume below 40% of the possible volume
    - if the noise disappears, the noise comes from saturation,
    - if the noise does not disappear, the noise does not come from saturation.

• To avoid it 
    Never turn knobs to the max: it is a bad audio setting and you may damage your speakers.

3) Possible cause of background noise: ground loop, caused by a power outlet not properly grounded  

• To test it 
    Take good headphones (as good as the speakers or better) and check if you hear the ground noise in the headphones.
    - If you cannot hear the background noise in the headphones, the noise may comes from a ground loop (difference of potential between the ground of the power of the computer (and then the power ground of the audio output of the USB-bus-powered audio device) and the ground of the power of the speakers.
    - if you still hear the background noise in the headphones, it is not related to a ground loop.

• To avoid it 
    - Check your power connection (power plug, electrical power strip)
    - Move your equipment in another room and power your computer and speakers in another room. If your house is an old house, test in another house.
PS: if you have read my messages in the hardware section, you may have noticed that I ask to complete your technical profile with technical information on your equipement in My Space > My Profile
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select the name of your controller
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software: Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.2.1)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)

And of course precise the brand and model of the speakers, and how the controller is connected to the speaker input: which audio cable (for example: dual RCA to dual RCA cable), which input if the speakers have several inputs (for example: dual RCA input). 

Reporting a technical issue on computing peripherals without a detailed technical description of the computer configuration is a waste of time: most technical issues in computing are related to computer settings, so the detailed technical description of the computer configuration is as needed as the description of the technical issue.