using headphones wi...

Notifications
Clear all

using headphones with the dj control mp3 le

20 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

im currently trying to use my headphones with my mp3 le. problem is, the device has no sound card. im trying to play tracks through my laptop speakers and preview tracks into my headphones. what settings should i set on my laptop to accomplish this?

Hello,

If you have a standard laptop, you cannot do it as the laptop speakers and the headphones output play the same stereo channel (so you cannot get 2 different audio playback on these 2 outputs playing the same track): you need a 4-channel output (2 independant stereo output) sound card.
Most 5.1 or 7.1 audio cards in USB format can fit for it, as this one or this other one, you must just avoir the cheap USB audio card which say they are 5.1 while they just virtualize the audio on only 1 stereo out, you need 2 hardware stereo out, 1 for the headphones and 1 for the speakers.

Topic starter

Hello,
I recently got a Herclues DJ controller MP3 Le and I don't know how to listen to my tracks before I present them. I don't want to buy something too expensive but I found these online and I was wondering if any of these will work for connecting speakers and headphone to listen to tracks. 
Link 1:  https://www.amazon.com/TechRise-External-Adapter-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01J7P0OGI/ref=aw_pd_cart_vw_crc_1_1/136-9645922-9791935?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01J7P0OGI&pd_rd_r=6444317f-98c8-4a5f-8207-1d40e81c81ce&pd_rd_w=MXybW&pd_rd_wg=1xxkv&pf_rd_p=86fd99cd-8b75-4132-8011-af62439f4b78&pf_rd_r=6DJ6VE617ZZMQR27XEAH&psc=1&refRID=6DJ6VE617ZZMQR27XEAH
Link 2:  https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XKC2DNQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=External%2BSound%2BCard%2BUSB&qid=1625738277&sprefix=ps&sr=8-11&th=1&psc=1

Hello Johnny,

Welcome to the forum.
None of the 2 sound cards you mention is adequate, you need a sound card with 4-channel or 5.1-channel hardware outputs (no 7.1 virtual sound card, virtual surround does not provide separate audio connectors), since you need separate outputs for master and headphones. 
The sound cards which can work for you are:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Optimal-Shop-External-Recording-Compatible/dp/B07BGS2BS1/
https://www.amazon.com.au/VAlinks-External-Surround-Recording-Compatible/dp/B075F5VYG7/
https://www.amazon.com.au/LEAGY-External-Sound-Card-8-Channel/dp/B07VSHCGWD/

Topic starter

The problem I'm facing is that my headphones and my speakers don't work with the ports on the channels you mentioned. My speakers and my headphones are a 3.5mm audio jack. The ports shown in the pictures are do not work on my speakers. Please help what can I use

Hello,

The 5.1 sound cards I mentionned from Amazon Australian have 3.5mm (1/8") stereo outputs, matchine your headphones and speakers. Please connect:
- your speakers to the sound card output labelled FRONT OUT or FRONT L/R (green jack 3.5mm connector)
- your headphones to to the sound card output labelled REAR OUT or REAR L/R (black jack 3.5mm connector)

Hello,

Sorry, your ebay model is not good for a separate headphones preview: it is not a real multichannel sound card (it is a "virtual" 7.1 sound, but virtual means you have no connector to connect separately speakers + headphones.
The cheaper model matching your need (separate headphones and speaker 3.5mm outputs) on ebay are 
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/203158693318
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/184863334945
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/384080781315

Topic starter

Thank you so much for helping I have one more question. I'm interested in buying the one in the first link that you mentioned but can you please show me what kind of jack can fit in, can a 2.5mm audio jack work or is it something else 

Hello,

The connectors are 3.5mm audio jack, not 2.5mm, so they need a jack 3.5 mm audio jack.

Topic starter

Would the amount of ring on the jack effect it from working on the sound card because my speakers have 2 rings and my headphones have 3 rings

Hello,

Stereo male 3.5mm jack connectors have 2 black rings.

Headphones with a 3-black ring connector (also called TRRS connector) are for smartphones, the additional ring is for a microphone, and you should not used it on other devices than smartphones, as the additional ring is likely to cause bad sound contact on normal stereo connectors.

Do not use headphones which have a TRRS connector in Djing, they are OK for smartphone but not made for DJing.

Topic starter

Is it possible to use a TRRS to TRS adapter or will that still not be suitable 

Hello,

Yes, you can use a TRRS to TRS adapter for your headphones, as this one
https://www.amazon.com/YCS-Smartphone-Headset-Headphones-microphone/dp/B00MV2PDCA/

but to save my ears, I would avoid using headphones made for smartphones in DJing activities (except when DJing on smartphones or tablets). Smartphones headphones have a low impedance
- it is OK on smartphones
- but it is not OK on DJ audio or home studio sound card : the output level is too loud.
Decent DJ headphones start around $/€ 30, so it is a reasonable investment to preserve your ears.

Just make sure the TRRS to TRS adapter has:
- a TRS male connector (to insert in the computer /DJ / Home studio sound card)
- a TRRS female connector (tor your headphones)
- and avoid TRRS to TRS adapters for microphones  (as Rode SC3), what you want to connect are headphones, not microphones.

Topic starter

I just want to thank you so much for your help. Ive ordered a sound card that you provided me with and I just want to thank you for helping me and finding one that is suitable for me, I will definitely let you know how it goes. I wil definitely come here again if I have anymore questions about djing. I am so excited to start djing again it's been awhile cause I didn't have the right equipment, but thanks to everyone here that helped me get through this. 

Topic starter

Hello 
I have a Dj controller MP3 Le and I'm trying to use headphones to preview my songs., I was told by someone here that  I needed a sound card to be able to do that so I got one but I don't know how to use it on DJUCED and I don't know which ports to connect speakers and headphones , can someone please help me 

Hello Johnny07,

1) You should set the computer as follows
- connect your multi-channel USB sound card to the computer
- connect the DJControl MP3 LE

2) Then you should run Djuced
- go in Djuced Settings > Audio
- Set the audio like that:
a) Audio device: name of your multichannel USB sound card
b) Master: Outputs 1&2
c) Headphones: Outputs 3&4

3) Then connect
- the speakers to the outputs 1-2 (or front)
- the headphones to the outputs 3-4 (or surround if your sound card is a 5.1 sound card).
Never, never, never connect the headphones to the headphones output, most of the low-cost chinese sound cards mute the other outputs when you connect anything to the headphones output.

4) and most important
a) complete your profile with all the entire technical information in My Space > My Profile.

For absolutely ANY technical questions, please complete your technical profile
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl MP3 LE
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, probably Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.2.1)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)
b) and precise
- the USB sound card you have,
- the model of headphones you use
- the model of speakers you use,
asking for help to set your speakers and your headphones without giving  any information on the computer, the sound card, the speakers or the headphones is not very efficient.
Topic starter

Hello on my DJUCED setting it's not giving me an output 3&4 option I only output 1&2

Hello,

A) Sorry to insist, but you lose time in asking help without providing the requested technical information as for example
1) your sound card: we need to know this sound card to know which option should be displayed in Windows or in macOS
2) your computer: the menus are not the same depending and audio bugs are not the same depending on the version of Windows or macOS.

Before ANY technical questions, you should complete your technical profile on 
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
- in "Hercules Equipment In Use", select DJControl MP3 LE
- in "Software In Use", check the name(s) of your DJ software, probably Djuced
- in "Describe your equipment", describe your computer
  • brand and model
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Type of USB port (USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1...)
  • Environment (Eg. Window 10 64-bit)
  • version of DJ software (Eg. Djuced 5.2.1)
  • version of DJ driver (Eg. 2020_HDJS_1)

B) If your DJ software is Djuced 5, then in Djuced > Settings > Audio menu,
in the output section, there is
- a + sign on the left : click on it to display another field of Audio Output,
- a - sign on the right of each output field: click on it to suppress a field of audio output.

Topic starter

Buenos dias estoy leyendo atentamente todo lo expuesto, yo tengo el mismo problema con los auriculares. Instale Djuced 18 ver 1.0.57, despues de eso he leido que se actualizara a Djuced 6.0.4 build 7251B8a03. He seguido los pasos expuestos anteriormente y sigue sin aparecer la opcion de salida 3-4 en el menu audio de Djuced, aunque añada campos. Tengo una taarjeta externa Logilink USB2.0 Sound Box 7.1 Surround Sound. El resto de datos tecnicos estan puestos en mi  perfil. Gracias de antemano.

Hello MgDJ,

Djuced 18 was phased out many many years ago, replaced by the regular Djuced which is compatible with your DJ controller.
If your computer is too limited for Djuced 6, it certainly supports Djuced 5, so you should install a newer Djuced version, which you can download here

Page 1 / 2