Notifications
Clear all

inpulse q7

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

is inpulse q7 compatible with my laptop?

my laptop:
macos monterey version 12.4
macbook air m1 2020

Hallo Alby,

If you mean DJC Inpulse T7, yes your laptop will suppport it (in Serato DJ 3) as the required configuration of a DJ controller is always the required configuration of the DJ software.
https://serato.com/dj/lite/downloads?systemrequirements#system-requirements
https://serato.com/dj/pro/downloads?systemrequirements#system-requirements  

IN Djuced, the required configuration of next version Djuced version is not announced yet so it is too early to announce it, but M1 is strong CPU so I would be surprised it is not powerful enough for Djuced.

How much RAM has your macBook Air M1 2020?
8GB RAM is enough, but 16GB RAM is the high performance recommended specifications. 

Topic starter

My Mac has 8 RAM but I really hope it will works on Djuced because it’s the one I use. Sorry I meant T7 not QT. I Wouldn’t want to buy another laptop. So how will I know if I can buy the T7?

Hello,

DJControl Inpulse T7 is not released yet and Djuced for T7 is still under development, so it is still too early to announce what will be the minimal system requirements.
I suppose you computer should be powerful enough for Djuced, but I have not seen Djuced for T7 yet.

Topic starter

I’m using Djuced with the Inpulse 500 and I hope this version of Djuced will run with the Inpulse T7. What I mean is that I wouldn’t like to have more version of Djuced, one for Inpulse 500 and one for Inpulse T7, one version is enough.

Hello Alby alias Al3y,

1) There is only 1 version of Djuced at a time: the version of Djuced supporting DJControl Inpulse 200, 300, 500 is the same, so I expect the version supporting T7 to support all the other controllers already supported.

2) What I do not know is how is how much CPU/RAM next version of Djuced will require since the addition of Stems in exisiting DJ software (Serato DJ, VirtualDJ, djay and now Rekordbox) has proved very CPU+RAM intensive so, as T7 has Stems, it will be CPU intensive also with Djuced.

Your MacBook Air with M1 of 2020 should be powerful enough for Stems, but as Serato describe the High Performance Specifications as 16GB of RAM (here https://serato.com/dj/pro/free-trial?systemrequirements#system-requirements ), I guess your 8GB-RAM MacBook is powerful enough, but not comfortable.

Topic starter

I have a 2020 M1 Air base model as well and I don't think the 8 GB RAM would limit performance. I played around with stems in Serato with real-time analyzation and I haven't experienced any issues (had even a 4 hour long gig as well). It seems Serato uses 4,8 GB of RAM and if you close everything else (which I did except Google Drive) it shouldn't cause any issues. Maybe interesting to know that I had yellow memory pressure on rare occasions, but it didn't affect anything. I'm fortunate enough to have access to the public beta version of Djuced 6, but haven't checked this yet with it - but so far so good, didn't have any performance issues with that as well. (I'm starting to think that 16 GB RAM is more for 4 deck mixing...)

Hello,

Djuced 6.0.1 is ready for download so you can now test whether if the computer is powerful enough.

Topic starter

Once I connected to my computer with the Inpulse T7 and opened Djuced, can I start playing or there’s something to do like installing software or configuring options in Djuced?

Hello,

I do not think you have a DJControl Inpulse T7 unit yet as it is not available.
When you start Djuced 6 with a DJControl Inpulse T7, Djuced will detect it and it should work at once.
You need to place the slipmats and the vinyl discs on T7 platters to play the music in Djuced or Serato DJ.  

Topic starter

No I don’t have it yet but I need to know before buying it. Can you explain what you mean by ‘You need to place the slipmats and the vinyl discs on T7 platters to play the music in Djuced or Serato DJ.’?

Hello Alby,

On DJControl Inpulse T7, each motorised platter is made to received a slipmat and a 7" vinyl disc, as on analog DJ turntables.

As long as  there is no slipmat+vinyl disc on the platter, pressing on Play key will not play the sound in your DJ app.