Notifications
Clear all

one side of headphone only working when plugged into inpulse 500

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

would like your input please...

i had a live gig earlier today and while i  was djing, i started hearing static in the left side of my headphone.  the static kept going then i completely lost audio in my left headphone.  i thought it was the headphone, i had a backup headphone, so i plugged it in and the same thing happened.  i tried both headphone inputs, the 1/4 and 1/8 and same problem continued. 

i thought maybe the software, my laptop, or anything related to my laptop.   so i switched to a different laptop and i ran djuced (eventhough i had serato pro on my original  laptop) and still the same problem.  now what ive noticed is this, when  i plug the headphone jack into the controller just half way through, i can hear the left side of my headphone working, but not the right side.  and when i completely push the jack in the controller, i hear only the right side and not the left.

i have an inpulse 500 and i am running serato dj pro on it.  i have had this controller for about 6 months or so and never had an issue until now. 

any suggestions ? 

Hello AbuelReem,

Welcome to the forum.

Nobody may guess what you do not write, so please precise:
- what are the brands & models of headphones,
- what are their audio connectors - TRS, TRRS,
- how are they connected (do you connect only 1 connector in the headphones)?

Please read the message here to complete your technical profile here. I understand it looks like a hardware/cabling/connector issue, but unless you precise your operating system and driver version in "Describe your equipment", one cannot propose any test.

Hearing the sound on left of the connector while in mid travel is normal considering the format of the headphones connector:

Topic starter

apologies for not including all the details.

Here's what's missing as far as technical details:

Along with my Hercules inpulse 500, I use  a 15 inch Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop with i5 5700U(7th gen) 16gb of Ram and 512gb SSD.
External mixer: Yamaha MG06X (connected to controller via RCA)
Headphones are VModa crossfade LP (original ed)
I use Serato DJ Pro V2.5.1 and have DJuced 5.3.5 installed (don't use)
USB used:  USB A to USB  B
TRS connection in one port only.  

Like i mentioned before.   I tried a different computer with DJuced 5.3.5 and still having the same issue.

please let me know if there's anything else i didn't mention

Hello Abuelreem,

Thanks for completing your profile.

1) Can you
- display Hercules DJ control panel
- Go to the About tab

- click on the speaker icon on bottom left (so that it becomes green) and check if you hear anything in the left earcup?

2) You wrote you tested with another pair of headphones.
What was this the brand /model of this other pair of headphones?