gain control knob i...

Notifications
Clear all

gain control knob issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i have a dj inpulse 200, bought about a week ago. i use the laptop speakers as i dont have external speakers. 
today, i experianced that the gain control isnt working the way it should, for example, at the highest i hear minimal audio ( not the normal high volume). i switched the usb port on my laptop for my controller and experianced a sudden change in volume ( when turned to the extreme left, audio much higher than usual). what do i do? how do i fix it? do i stop using gain control to transition? 

Hello,

Welcome on the forum.

Please complete your profile so
a) in "Hercules Equipment in use", check the name of your DJ controller 

b) in "Software in use", check the name of your DJ software, 
c) in "Describe your equipment", please write
- your version of Windows or macOS (for example macOS 10.15.5 or Windows 10 64-bit built  1903)
- your version of your DJ software (for example Djuced 5.0.6)
- your computer (brand, model, CPU, Ram, USB type)
- and of course, write your audio settings in the DJ software, and write the precise name of the computer built in sound chipset. 

I am a bit surprised with a sentence you wrote: do I stop using Gain control to transition?
Gain control is generally not used for transition, you normally use the volume fader for transition, and gain is used before transition, when you preview in your headphones, if both tracks seem at different level, you preview both decks without previewing the master, then you adjust the gain to hear the same level on both decks with the same volume fader position, and afterwards you do the transition.

Topic starter
last wednesday  i bought an s-sub 15 from tannoy. but the gain knob was damaged during shipping. so the subwoofer is stuck at about 10% gain/ volume. and that kinda sucks, its like having a mustang that can only drive 20 mph...

so my question is, is there anyway to bypass the gain knob from the amplifier ?

Hello Poolcoinshop,

Sorry I have no experience in Tannoy speakers so I suggest to ask this question on Tannoy forum:
https://community.musictribe.com/pages/tannoy
and write exactly the entire name of the subwoofer: I am not sure what you call s-sub, but if you mean Saturn Subwoofer, it is better to write Saturn subwoofer since people may not spend time to write a detailed answer without being sure you talk of the same subwoofer.